Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
7701 - 7713 of 7713 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,702 ·
My day started with a bang- my FIL fell out of bed. Managed to get him up without hurting myself -I'll call that a win for the home team. Looked at devices to help him keep upright while navigating from sitting bedside to standing, we'll see how that works out. What a way to start the day!

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
My day started with a bang- my FIL fell out of bed. Managed to get him up without hurting myself -I'll call that a win for the home team. Looked at devices to help him keep upright while navigating from sitting bedside to standing, we'll see how that works out. What a way to start the day!
If the side of his bed is near a wall, mount a grab bar on that wall for him to use, place a sturdy nightstand or dresser at the head of the bed for him to place his hand(s) on for balance and as a push off point, or if you have one you can use a walker. I needed one to get around for 6 months after my initial back surgery. Another thing that can help is having a chair at his bedside. He can transfer to the chair, then push off from it. Sometimes it's just trying to push off from a mattress that causes the issue and having a firm base, like a kitchen or dining style chair to push up from solves it.

Good luck.

Reactions: adam01364

·
Premium Member
8,726 Posts
I put 2 grab bars on my wall to pull myself up on when my back goes out. My bed sits low so getting vertical is not easy! Bars ar 1 1/2 feet apart vertically so I grab the low one first then the upper one to get straight. Bed is about 3' from the wall on the side I sleep on.

·
Premium Member
8,726 Posts
Went thru the furnace, oiled what needed oil, greased 2 spots that like to squeak, blew the dust out, changed the filter then fired it up to take the chill out of the house!55 today and a strong south wind cooling it off in here. 68 is NOT comfortable for me, makes my joints ache.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,346 Posts
Went thru the furnace, oiled what needed oil, greased 2 spots that like to squeak, blew the dust out, changed the filter then fired it up to take the chill out of the house!55 today and a strong south wind cooling it off in here. 68 is NOT comfortable for me, makes my joints ache.
Its colder in the machine shop than that. When the temp changes the shop gets extra cold for a day or two till the air handler can adjust.

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,707 ·
Well, today my FIL fell of his own accord on the outside patio. I told him enough is enough, he's lucky he didn't get hurt, and he needs to use an assist. Gave him options: he can use one of the myriad of canes his daughters have bought him in the past, or choose from one of the three walkers Sweetie and I have gotten for him.

Annnd, we have a winner. He likes that it folds up nice and compact and therefore doesn't scream "I need a walker!" .
Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle fork Vehicle

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
22,271 Posts
So far spent a couple of hours a day before work, cutting up and hauling off a big damn lemon tree that decided it was tired of living, and committed suicide. Between work and the damn rain, i may have this thing cut up and out of here by the time I retire. :mad:
Can you use the wood for your smoker?

·
Premium Member
22,271 Posts
Going to have to take the gas jet out of my infrared heater and clean it. I barely got it working this morning. (not that I needed it) Went to the ortho surgeon who did my shoulder surgeries. Gave me a steroid pack. Go back in 10 days. He said it may be scar tissue. I predict another surgery in the future.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,346 Posts
Well, today my FIL fell of his own accord on the outside patio. I told him enough is enough, he's lucky he didn't get hurt, and he needs to use an assist. Gave him options: he can use one of the myriad of canes his daughters have bought him in the past, or choose from one of the three walkers Sweetie and I have gotten for him.

Annnd, we have a winner. He likes that it folds up nice and compact and therefore doesn't scream "I need a walker!" .
View attachment 76704
People are stubborn.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,346 Posts
Nothing much. Tomorrow we are going to Fort Ramson for their fall celebration. Lots of crafts for sale, events, food court etc..

·
Premium Member
8,726 Posts
Going to have to take the gas jet out of my infrared heater and clean it. I barely got it working this morning. (not that I needed it) Went to the ortho surgeon who did my shoulder surgeries. Gave me a steroid pack. Go back in 10 days. He said it may be scar tissue. I predict another surgery in the future.
My surgeon told me to live with the scar tissue until they needed to do a full shoulder replacement. So I have limited range of motion on the right.

7701 - 7713 of 7713 Posts