Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
7841 - 7860 of 7920 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
Yeah I've got some stretches, I've got instructions to modify my diet, cut back in the diet soda. Last session he did an ultra sound thing on my right hip bersa. I've been taped up- went for 4 days with right hip and both shoulders taped. I didn't notice a difference on my shoulders, but on my hip it went from feeling like I was sleeping on a marble rather than a tack, so that's an improvement. Now that I've had the tape off my shoulders for a few days I realize it was helping a little.
Yep. Mine was bursitis. I had the point tenderness, discomfort, range of motion issues, etc but nothing on an Xray so it ruled out arthritis. My RoM got much worse if I was wearing jeans though.

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,322 Posts
Yep. Mine was bursitis. I had the point tenderness, discomfort, range of motion issues, etc but nothing on an Xray so it ruled out arthritis. My RoM got much worse if I was wearing jeans though.
I definitely have range of motion issues, but both my pcp and the physical therapist are kind of like how do we go about this? They said even with my limited range of motion and my pain, I'm more flexible and have a higher pain tolerance than most, so the quicker fix stuff is definitely not working.

And the phys ther. Kept telling me motion is lotion. Good phrase. Except I'm a perv and I had to keep stifling my snickers, lol

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
I definitely have range of motion issues, but both my pcp and the physical therapist are kind of like how do we go about this? They said even with my limited range of motion and my pain, I'm more flexible and have a higher pain tolerance than most, so the quicker fix stuff is definitely not working.

And the phys ther. Kept telling me motion is lotion. Good phrase. Except I'm a perv and I had to keep stifling my snickers, lol
Yeah, mine went with move it or lose it, talking about flexibility, because she knew I was pervy from the jump when she asked if I was okay and I fired back with, "do I look like a pussy? If it don't hurt, it don't count." She made it count...

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Working leaf pickup. Boys had a little problem yesterday lol
Sky Tire Wheel High-visibility clothing Cloud

• Sad
Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
Watching it rain... might work in the garage later on...
I really miss having a shop.

I just spent 9 days rolling around outside in the driveway doing a high flow oil pump on 5.3l in a lifted Avalanche where the lower control arms were bolted on to the new crossbraces so I had to jack the truck up high enough to decompress the sway bar, put jackstands under the back mounting point of the control arm and under the front cross brace, then pull the splash guard and skid plates, pull the sway bar, pull the rear cross brace, and drop the steering rack. Just for the oil pan. Oil pump required me to remove the intake tube, PCV vent tube, upper tensioner for the serpentine belt, water pump, crank pulley, AC belt, AC belt tensioner, AC compressor, AC compressor mounting bracket, and all without muffing up the lines and venting everything to the atmosphere.

Then I made two rookie mistakes. Didn't check that the old filter gasket came off and got showered in oil for my trouble. Then I forgot to put RTV on one corner of the block to seal the groove that all LS blocks have. Fortunately both were simple fixes, but both were also unnecessary if I had been paying attention.

• Wow

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,322 Posts
Went back up to the property today. Getting ready for my father in law's arrival Friday from Arizona for hunting. Got the little hunting camper tidied up, chocked and stocked, got the outhouse set up, got the chains on both the tractor and the ranger. We walked the rest of the property line that we had surveyed just to confirm we know where every point is under the snow. We hadn't been back up since the whole ordeal with the neighbors, but we didn't expect to see any activity that wasn't game with all the snow. Tracks in snow kind of a dead giveaway and though crazy lady and her brood aren't the shinier tools in the shed, they're not that stupid.
Pleased to see game sign all over the place. Haven't seen the buck of the west- on our property anyway- but there's definitely a few shooters.

·
Premium Member
37,302 Posts
Spent last night tag teaming the toilet with my wife, we seem to have a flu. Every 1.5 hours I was up with the squirts, and then this morning it turned into projectile vomiting. Then this afternoon, it was both at once, the vomiting was pushing stuff out both ends, so I stood in the shower and let it all go. I’m talking Exorcist type stuff, it was ridiculous.

And after that, it’s been better. Muscles ache, but I managed to sleep for four hours in a row, twice. Drank some fruit juice, 4 hours back, it’s still inside.

Funny thing is, she got the flu shot, I didn’t. Made no real difference, except she wasn’t vomiting.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
Spent last night tag teaming the toilet with my wife, we seem to have a flu. Every 1.5 hours I was up with the squirts, and then this morning it turned into projectile vomiting. Then this afternoon, it was both at once, the vomiting was pushing stuff out both ends, so I stood in the shower and let it all go. I’m talking Exorcist type stuff, it was ridiculous.

And after that, it’s been better. Muscles ache, but I managed to sleep for four hours in a row, twice. Drank some fruit juice, 4 hours back, it’s still inside.

Funny thing is, she got the flu shot, I didn’t. Made no real difference, except she wasn’t vomiting.
I had stabbing pain blow my sternum and went in on Friday. Xrays showed I was plugged up. Didn't think about it since I was still going. So ive been taking miralax and destroying toilets every where I go. Ass hurts butt the stomach pain is gone.

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
Major allergy/sinus attack... plugged up so bad it was hard to breath, finally got up and drank a coke to clear the snot out of my throat and that opened the flood gates. Sinuses have been dumping since then. Running on basically no sleep today...

• Sad

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,322 Posts
We woke up to a white blanket down here by the river. 5" and counting and it wasn't forecasted at all. Probably a massive blizzard up on the property. Guess we'll be plowing up there the next couple days instead of our original plan of falling a tree. It wasn't supposed to dump like this again until Sunday, hopefully we didn't completely lose our window to get shit done.

·
Premium Member
If I have it, I shoot it.
855 Posts
Weather here is going to be up in the 70's today, so fired up the log splitter and did a small batch for the fireplace this Friday when the bottom falls out and the highs will start being in the 30's and low 40's for a bit. Covered up what I didn't split to keep dry and pulled the splitter back into the barn to not rust from weather and keep the engine in good shape.

Went to town after an engine code set on the "05 Escape and gave me a P0405 on my OBDII reader and got a new EGR valve. I cleaned and checked the old valve a few times in past, but apparently the rubber vacuum diaphram was getting stiff from exhaust heat and not opening/closing correctly when needing to and was having a heavy, constant idle vibration while in-gear at a stop, that felt like a tire slightly out of balance while doing 70mph, that I just couldn't trace down until the code came up. Once EGR changed, it took out the buzzy vibration.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,693 Posts
We woke up to a white blanket down here by the river. 5" and counting and it wasn't forecasted at all. Probably a massive blizzard up on the property. Guess we'll be plowing up there the next couple days instead of our original plan of falling a tree. It wasn't supposed to dump like this again until Sunday, hopefully we didn't completely lose our window to get shit done.
Well I took that totally wrong. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,322 Posts
Well I took that totally wrong. :LOL:
The weather doesn't effect THAT kind of plowing, Silly. Although more of both kinds certainly does happen when the weather is bad. I can definitely think of worse ways to spend a cold and blizzardy day! 🫠

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Day off so iam going to get things done today I normally do on the weekends. Raining here today,

7841 - 7860 of 7920 Posts