Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
8001 - 8020 of 8064 Posts

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
@Pistolkitty still should call out the law to start documenting the activity to create a paper trail for habitual harassment. That way when you do catch them they can't really wriggle out of it. And you can bet your lovely neighbors are very well aware and encouraging the plow operator to keep up the good work. Could even attempt a little subterfuge and ask who their snow removal company is so you can hire them to keep your entryway clear too. If that road you're on is considered public in any legal sense, you have a case against them.

And for reference;

ID Code § 18-3907 (2019)

This statute applies to all public roads. Idaho property owners, renters, and private snow removal operators may not deposit, shovel, blow, or plow snow onto or next to a public highway or road.
Yeah I've been googling a bunch this morning. The road is private, and technically where the snow being plowed is into the easement road, not undisputedly on our sole property. But we may have something with harassment. I'm planning on messaging the deputy we've been dealing with for some advice and also a trail. I'm glad I've taken pics so I have time stamps.

Can't go anywhere with malicious mischief as they aren't technically causing any damage. Although a weld broke on our plow trying to move the last big ice pile. But I have a feeling it would be small claims court bullshit where we would spend more money dealing with that than it would cost to just fix it. We shall see. I'm definitely documenting everything.

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
Oh and as far as the subterfuge, we are not on speaking terms, and we would have to enter their property to talk to them unless we happened to run into them on the road and they actually stopped. And we are not stepping a toe onto their chunk!

· Premium Member
8,925 Posts
Trying to find my mailbox and dig it out... it is in a 6' plow pile... I am going to have words with the city plow driver. He can angle the plow and carry the snow past my mailbox before pushing it up onto the curb. In fact he can start pushing it to the south side of the road where nobody lives! Piling it all to the north just makes the road drift shut!!!! Dude is an idiot!

Reactions: Rerun

· Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Trying to find my mailbox and dig it out... it is in a 6' plow pile... I am going to have words with the city plow driver. He can angle the plow and carry the snow past my mailbox before pushing it up onto the curb. In fact he can start pushing it to the south side of the road where nobody lives! Piling it all to the north just makes the road drift shut!!!! Dude is an idiot!
That right there is likely a legal problem for whomever did it.

Also, maybe something along the lines of intentionally blocking ready access to property not owned by whomever is doing it. Imagine if you got hurt remediating then obstruction they intentionally placed…

· King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,762 Posts
That right there is likely a legal problem for whomever did it.

Also, maybe something along the lines of intentionally blocking ready access to property not owned by whomever is doing it. Imagine if you got hurt remediating then obstruction they intentionally placed…
Probably not. The city or county clears the roads not the access to properties. The owner is responsible for the drifts removal of access points mail boxes.

· Premium Member
25,810 Posts
Probably not. The city or county clears the roads not the access to properties. The owner is responsible for the drifts removal of access points mail boxes.
Pretty much. In NY you have to take whatever AHJ that employees the plow operator to court and prove negligence. Cheaper to replace it and install a snow wedge and/or one of those mounting systems that lets the mailbox flex or move when the plow comes through.

· King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,762 Posts
Pretty much. In NY you have to take whatever AHJ that employees the plow operator to court and prove negligence. Cheaper to replace it and install a snow wedge and/or one of those mounting systems that lets the mailbox flex or move when the plow comes through.
People here bitch and bitch and bitch all day long about the plows. Why is it taking so long to plow the road? Why aren't they using the gates on the plow? He saw me out shoveling and still plowed the snow into my driveway? Etc..
Facebook is alive and well with whining babies. I usually post the job application for them. And tell them if they are so F ing smart apply for the job. Instead on laying around the house getting fat.
I also point out that the 1st 8 feet of the boulevards are actually city property not the residents. The road department has no obligation to even use the gates. Its a convenience they do if the snow isn't that deep. Its optional for the operators to use if possible. Its the property owners responsibility to clear all driveway, sidewalk mailbox, and fire hydrants after the plows go past. They are lucky that the city actually rarely fines anyone.
The only time the do here is if the city crew has to come clear snow from sidewalks.
If you dont clear around your mailbox the postal service just stops delivering your mail.
If you want to use your driveway you move it or hire it out.

Its winter we get snow so deal with it or you suffer the consequences of it. Neighbors are willing to help. Thats if your not a crunt. I used to snowblow around the entire block to clear the sidewalk until Neighbors started acting like its my job and how dare I take so long. I shouldn't be sleeping during the day. So I decided fuck them and now most have 2 to 3 feet of snow across their sidewalks and the mailman stopped delivering their mail.
They have to go inside the post office and wait their turn to get the mail
One of the city guys told me if they don't clear it by the middle of the month. The city is coming to remove it and fine each one $175.

· Premium Member
25,810 Posts
People here bitch and bitch and bitch all day long about the plows. Why is it taking so long to plow the road? Why aren't they using the gates on the plow? He saw me out shoveling and still plowed the snow into my driveway? Etc..
Facebook is alive and well with whining babies. I usually post the job application for them. And tell them if they are so F ing smart apply for the job. Instead on laying around the house getting fat.
I also point out that the 1st 8 feet of the boulevards are actually city property not the residents. The road department has no obligation to even use the gates. Its a convenience they do if the snow isn't that deep. Its optional for the operators to use if possible. Its the property owners responsibility to clear all driveway, sidewalk mailbox, and fire hydrants after the plows go past. They are lucky that the city actually rarely fines anyone.
The only time the do here is if the city crew has to come clear snow from sidewalks.
If you dont clear around your mailbox the postal service just stops delivering your mail.

Its winter we get snow so deal with it or you suffer the consequences of it. Neighbors are willing to help. Thats if your not a crunt. I used to snowblow around the entire block to clear the sidewalk until Neighbors started acting like its my job and how dare I take so long. I shouldn't be sleeping during the day. So I decided fuck them and now most have 2 to 3 feet of snow across their sidewalks and the mailman stopped delivering their mail.
One of the city guys told me if they don't clear it by the middle of the month. The city is coming to remove it and fine each one $175.
People have never been subjected to shit like having to reverse up a steep hill and plowing down in sections so the sand/cinders give you enough traction to keep you out of the ditch. They think, you can just plow from the top down, no problem.

· Premium Member
8,925 Posts

Here the plow driver is liable for mailbox damage, and my property ends at the curb, there is no boulevard easement here. Partof his job is to make sure he doesn't cost the city money replacing mailboxes! Mine does pivot away but the 4x4 post it sits on won't take tons of snow pressure... it will eventually snap off. And I set the post back 2' from the curb to help prevent breaking! Box itself is on a 4' piece of 2x4 that is screwed to a 2' piece of 4x4 cut in a V the long way. 12" lag screw and 2 washers with a spring between them keeps the V closed until enough pressure is applied to pop it up and out. Bottom V piece is attached to the post with a plywood gusset each side. It has survived since 1996... This plow driver is dead set on breaking it off. He already has to replace my neighbors boxes and a couple more further into town. Dude is an idiot!

· Premium Member
8,925 Posts
People have never been subjected to shit like having to reverse up a steep hill and plowing down in sections so the sand/cinders give you enough traction to keep you out of the ditch. They think, you can just plow from the top down, no problem.
Driver here is plowing on flat paved road LOL he has no excuses!

· Premium Member
25,810 Posts
Here the plow driver is liable for mailbox damage, and my property ends at the curb, there is no boulevard easement here. Partof his job is to make sure he doesn't cost the city money replacing mailboxes! Mine does pivot away but the 4x4 post it sits on won't take tons of snow pressure... it will eventually snap off. And I set the post back 2' from the curb to help prevent breaking! Box itself is on a 4' piece of 2x4 that is screwed to a 2' piece of 4x4 cut in a V the long way. 12" lag screw and 2 washers with a spring between them keeps the V closed until enough pressure is applied to pop it up and out. Bottom V piece is attached to the post with a plywood gusset each side. It has survived since 1996... This plow driver is dead set on breaking it off. He already has to replace my neighbors boxes and a couple more further into town. Dude is an idiot!
If the driver HITS the mailbox, it's negligence and they are liable. If it is damaged by the snow being pushed up against the mailbox, that's not negligence and is usually on the owner to repair. You might have a cool city council that's willing to pay for the repair but legally speaking they don't have to and most cities are granted immunity by your state. That was 5 minutes of Google to reinforce that your state does in fact work like every other state I've lived in this far.

Here's another one. Sidewalk clearing. If you try to tell someone in my town that they could be fined for not shoveling their sidewalks within 24 hours of a snow storm, they call you retarded. You can even show them the state and city ordinances. I had code enforcement try to make me shovel my sidewalk one day, because I live kitty corner to the head start school and have parents park in front of my house, blocking my driveway, so that they can go pick up their damn crotch goblins and not have to wait in line like everyone else. So i refuse to shovel my sidewalk. They complained to the city and an officer came out to my house. He threatened to write me a ticket so I told him to read CO Statute 43-5-301 and get to writing the city a ticket for each and every single street they don't plow, like the street my front door and driveway are on, because they only plow the streets directly in front of the schools, the block around the court house, main street, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 22nd, Colorado, and San Juan. Then I told him to sit out here one day and give tickets to the lazy cunts who block my driveway.

He said he was just going to give me a verbal warning this time. 😆

· King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,762 Posts
Thanks for mansplaining your mailbox. You can always apply to be an equipment operator there. I'm sure you know better on how to to move snow and probably how to operate the equipment better than the guys that actually do it for a living.
Based on your own pictures you need to remove more snow from your driveway and mailbox. Its not his job. His is to clear the streets.

· Premium Member
8,925 Posts
Prevoious plow drivers managed to not bury me under a massive pile of snow. They were smart and made 2 passes pushing the bulk to the south so it won't cause a drift next time the NW winds fired up. New kid, won't listen to anyone, has a stack of complaints from all over town. Probably going to be fired...

· Premium Member
25,810 Posts
Right this second? Bitching about ignorant people and the over use of drain cleaners in older houses by people who have no idea what it does to old galvanized and iron pipe when the human hair and chemicals mix to create the toxic sludge that accelerates the corrosion rate of the metal by oxidizing the organic compounds in to a heavy slurry that can't be rinsed away by water after the rust also enters in to the equation, essentially forming a constriction in the pipe that allows more organic debris to accumulate and be assimilated in to the mass of nasty shit.

Hand Fluid Wood Finger Natural material

· Premium Member
22,731 Posts
So glad I ripped all that crap out of this house when I bought it! All PVC now...
PVC ain't the end all be all. It goes bad too.

I was set on doing PEX in the slab for radiant heat. After talking to a plumber friend I've nixed that idea.

· Premium Member
25,810 Posts
PVC ain't the end all be all. It goes bad too.

I was set on doing PEX in the slab for radiant heat. After talking to a plumber friend I've nixed that idea.
Is he one of those anti-pex idiots? It's cheaper in the long run compared to forced air or baseboard. It's more energy efficient than baseboard or forced air. It's more easily expandable if you add on to your house. With modern technology, it's also much easier to detect and repair leaks as compared to in the beginning when they might have to rip out your whole floor for a pinhole leak. Now they can detect the minute pressure loss in each loop then use an ultrasonic detector that will hear the leak through the slab to pinpoint the failure point and minimize tear out.

· Premium Member
22,731 Posts
Is he one of those anti-pex idiots? It's cheaper in the long run compared to forced air or baseboard. It's more energy efficient than baseboard or forced air. It's more easily expandable if you add on to your house. With modern technology, it's also much easier to detect and repair leaks as compared to in the beginning when they might have to rip out your whole floor for a pinhole leak. Now they can detect the minute pressure loss in each loop then use an ultrasonic detector that will hear the leak through the slab to pinpoint the failure point and minimize tear out.
He loves PEX he returns to the same homes over and over again repairing pin holes and chipping up slabs. PEX is job security with a big payoff.

How stupid is that?

· Premium Member
25,810 Posts
He loves PEX he returns to the same homes over and over again repairing pin holes and chipping up slabs. PEX is job security with a big payoff.

How stupid is that?
If he's returning to the same homes over and over, I would say he's a shitty plumber that cuts corners on his installs to put more money in his pockets or he's mopping up the mess of other shitty plumbers that cut corners on their installs for the same reason. He could also be telling a fish story and overstating his work. PEX is the most durable and reliable pipe on the market today. Most failures are in the fittings and due to the poor quality of water running through the system, excessively hot water (200°+), or over-chlorinated water.

Edit: poor installation practices, installing damaged pipe, and damage caused by home owners/subcontractsers are also big reasons for failure.

Also, radiant floor heat is much better for your breathing and people with allergies or asthma as it's not blowing dust and dead organic material all over your house.

Reactions: moona11
8001 - 8020 of 8064 Posts