Whatcha having for dinner?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cynical, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Mexican from La Parilla in Suffolk. Took my buddy to get his colonoscopy today (repayment for him taking me to mine back in January) so afterwards he wanted Mexican. Tasty!

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Talk about starting with a clean slate....

Dubar likes this.

3. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

He could only eat half, took the rest home. My plate was pretty much clean although I couldn't eat the last bite.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    The plate was empty but the bowl will be full.

ajole and Dubar like this.
  5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Chicken breast stir fry... quick and easy.

Rerun likes this.
  6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

4 lbs of meatloaf on the grill and loaded mashed potatoes. Hopefully will have leftovers for work tomorrow. With the way the kids are eating probably not

Rerun likes this.
  7. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Smoked chuck roast french dip and a salad

8. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I saw a tv commercial the other day that had chicken and dumplings on it so had to have some.

3lbs chicken, carrots, onions, salt and pepper, plain and simple. Took over half to my daughter, SIL, and the 2 grand boys. She was working from home today (ball joint on her car broke backing out of the driveway). She downed a bowl of it before I could leave the house!

Stromm likes this.
  9. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

kung pao chicken.

Dont know what it is, but I wanted something different. Hope it's good.

10. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

2 cheeseburgers broiled in the oven and topped with tomato from my neighbor. There was 1 hanging on my side of the fence last week that she said was mine but a bird or squirrel got to it first. Didn’t have buns so I made 2 by pressing the top of a big mouth cup on slices of potato bread.

The other day I go out the back door and there’s a bright red tomato on my porch so had to use it.

11. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

It's a debate, left over enchilada, or ribeye with a baked potato.

12. greg_r

kung pao is chinese for hot chicken cooked with peanuts. I mean hot as in opened up the sinuses but good!

but it was pretty good!

OldOutlaw likes this.
  13. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I believe the literal translation of kung pao is "flaming rectum". So you have fun with that.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Last few days were great. Smoked a brisket using Montreal Steak, which makes it almost pastrami, also did a pork shoulder. The beef was one night, the pork became BBQ over rice the next day, I sliced the leftover beef thin for sammiches for lunch, and then tonight we grilled pork steaks.

Pot roast in the slow cooker right now, should be good for tomorrow.

15. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Thinking chicken fried steak, mashed, gravy, sliced cukes and ranch...

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I need to get another jar of that stuff. Have you tried the Weber New Orleans spice blend? Great on steaks, chicken, and burgers.

17. Tonight was Flat Iron steak, steamed carrots, steamed asparagus spears, and fresh picked cherry tomatoes on baby spinach leaves.

20200807_204433.jpg

OldOutlaw and Visper like this.
  18. greg_r

That, my friend is a good looking supper!

Steak looks just about right, maybe a bit on the too done side. I generally prefer a sirloin, grind up the chuck, but we cut flat iron steaks out of the last beef we slaughtered. It’s a good cut. Will be grinding less of the chuck in the future!

19. Rerun

Rerun Member

Salads - lots and lots of salads for the next ten weeks.

I'm walking five miles each night I work.

Trying to shed some pounds.

Working out with weights twice a week on my days off.

eldar

Dubar likes this.
  20. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I need some discipline and willpower, I'm 207 and want/need to get down to 185. I hardly ate breakfast when I was working, after 13 years of retirement (and eating breakfast every day) I feel dropping a few lbs wouldn't hurt.

I'm going back to not eating breakfast, don't care what the experts say about the "most important meal of the day".

OldOutlaw likes this.