Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1921 - 1940 of 1948 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Today my wife got her first ever corned beef hash meal.
One of these days I'm gonna sneak a meal made with Spam past my wife.
I'll just have to make sure the pathway to the bathroom is clear for her gut reaction after I inform her what she just ate.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
No clue, going to go stare in the freezer in a bit....maybe popcorn shrimp and fries to test the new air fryer...

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Salmon, cauliflower and broccoli. Gotta get my A1c and blood sugar down so the doc will operate on my shoulder. I think I've lost 10 lbs (now at 195) in the past week and blood sugar is down from 257 to 150...I must have had my faced buried in a box of chocolates! I am NOT going to start taking shots if I can help it.

·
Administrator
24,489 Posts
Salmon, cauliflower and broccoli. Gotta get my A1c and blood sugar down so the doc will operate on my shoulder. I think I've lost 10 lbs (now at 195) in the past week and blood sugar is down from 257 to 150...I must have had my faced buried in a box of chocolates! I am NOT going to start taking shots if I can help it.
I'm trying to get off the pills. 3,000mg of metformin is tearing me up.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Nope. I’m a Beans with Bacon soup guy. Chicken Noodle or a Cream of Mushroom are completely acceptable.

Today my wife got her first ever corned beef hash meal. Kind of cheated, though. I smoked the thing first. She’s going to do some cabbage with some of it tomorrow for her...I won’t eat it, but I have leftover ribs that got smoked alongside the corned beef, so I’m fine.
Me and the kids love bean and bacon soup.

Tonight is boneless chicken wings Asian plumb w/blue cheese dipping sauce.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I'm trying to get off the pills. 3,000mg of metformin is tearing me up.
That's 2X what I'm taking but I'm also taking Glipizide and the doc just put me on Actos. Can't seem to get under 195lbs but my blood sugar was 110 yesterday. Went for a 2 mile walk this morning and took my blood pressure when I got back, 96/67, shouldn't be that low I wouldn't think after a 2 mile walk. I want to get down to 180-185...might have to walk a bit farther!!!

So I guess nobody's eating dinner anymore (no posts in 2 weeks!). I had chicken fried steak, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots last night.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Not much to post when the stupid vender isn't restocking the Cafeteria. Tonight its up to my kid what we are having

·
Administrator
24,489 Posts
That's 2X what I'm taking but I'm also taking Glipizide and the doc just put me on Actos. Can't seem to get under 195lbs but my blood sugar was 110 yesterday. Went for a 2 mile walk this morning and took my blood pressure when I got back, 96/67, shouldn't be that low I wouldn't think after a 2 mile walk. I want to get down to 180-185...might have to walk a bit farther!!!

So I guess nobody's eating dinner anymore (no posts in 2 weeks!). I had chicken fried steak, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots last night.
I'm on glipizide as well. 40mg a day

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
21,232 Posts
Boudin on sub rolls, Cheetos brand macaroni and jalapeno rotini out of the box. My MSG levels were getting dangerously low.

@Dubar check into cinnamon capsules to lower your blood sugar. I heard that works.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
We are at IDK bar and grill. I'm having the taco pizza, E is having the shrimp poiboy, kid is having the monster cheese burger.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I'm on glipizide as well. 40mg a day
She just put me on the Actos and Glipizide maybe a year ago. I told her I would do anything to stay away from taking shots so that's what she did, another pill. Hopefully my A1c will be back down next visit in a couple of weeks and I can come of a pill or 2. Hoping to get off Actos as well as one of my blood pressure pills BUT I have to keep the weight down. I heard someone say "How many old, fat people do you see still alive if they're over 80?...not many!!! Most people who are alive at 80+ are slim, or at least not fat/obese. 185 (I'm 5'-9", maybe less due to age/deteriorating back/etc, I used to be 5'-10").

·
Administrator
24,489 Posts
She just put me on the Actos and Glipizide maybe a year ago. I told her I would do anything to stay away from taking shots so that's what she did, another pill. Hopefully my A1c will be back down next visit in a couple of weeks and I can come of a pill or 2. Hoping to get off Actos as well as one of my blood pressure pills BUT I have to keep the weight down. I heard someone say "How many old, fat people do you see still alive if they're over 80?...not many!!! Most people who are alive at 80+ are slim, or at least not fat/obese. 185 (I'm 5'-9", maybe less due to age/deteriorating back/etc, I used to be 5'-10").
I can't stand the pills. This much Glucophage wrecks your system. Mud butt 24/7 basically. I would rather be off all of the meds but my heart sucks too. I'm on aspirin, lisinopril, brilinta, lipitor, metformin, and glipizide. I take 20 units of long acting Lantus injections twice a day. My A1C was 7.6 last month. My bad cholesterol is good and my good cholesterol is low. I'm on blood thinners for life because my immune system tried to murder me by forming clots on my stent. And my blood pressure seems to have leveled off since I quit smoking 7 months ago and cut out virtually all caffeine at the same time.

I know I sound like a broken record to the folks that have heard it before, but I'm 6'3", 285lbs with 2 stents after 8 heart attacks, and an episode of acute renal failure that almost killed me. The physical damage I've taken over the years from the military, fire/ems, construction, commercial fishing, and as a private security contractor? At one point in time, or several, the only things holding me together were bailing twine and either duct tape or electrical tape.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
So far I am lucky, minimal meds... amlodipine for BP, coumadin for clotting(Factor V Leyden positive so I clot way faster than a normal person)... over weight yes... hard to exercise like I used to with the destroyed joints plus over 60 piling on top of it. So far cholesterol is good, borderline higher blood sugar so watching that. Relatively healthy for my age and physical issues.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Since nobody's eaten in 3 weeks I thought I'd post...Chicken/Pepper Stir Fry tonight, if I can figure out what spices to put in with it.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Miller's cheeseburger.

Removed the bread, sectioned the remains into slices like a pizza and eaten thusly.

Iced tea.

eldar

1921 - 1940 of 1948 Posts