Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Whatcha having for dinner?

191K views 3K replies 87 participants last post by  Gus1954 
#1 ·
Just cleaned up after Christmas dinner. We smoked a turkey beast and also had roasted beef tenderloin. Parmesan mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, green beans almondine, Yorkshire pudding and lots of gravy.

We tend to have the same favorites every holiday. What did you cook? Maybe I get find a different dish to try.

#2 ·
Smoking a ham, green bean casserole with potato sticks because onions are gross, brown gravy, scratch made kase brot, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, and dessert is chocolate chocolate chip cookie bars topped with sea salt caramel chips.

#3 ·
Baked ham, mashed potatoes with turnips, super=sweet corn, plenty of ham gravy, rolls and apple pie.
Rach, I may regret this, but what is kase brot?

#5 ·
Baked ham, mashed potatoes with turnips, super=sweet corn, plenty of ham gravy, rolls and apple pie.
Rach, I may regret this, but what is kase brot?
Käsebröt is a cheese sandwich(bread) but what it auto corrected from was Käsebrötchen, meaning cheese filled roll. I make it as a whole loaf of bread. I use a milk bread recipe and roll the dough out as I punch it down after the first rise, spread a layer of cheese across the top, then roll it up, and put it in a bread pan for the 2nd rise. It's a dense bread and is fantastic sliced or used in grilled cheese, but is serving en lieu of dinner rolls tonight.

#8 ·
Chicken, ham, meatballs and gravy. Green bean casserole with onions. Corn casserole. Buns, meat and cheese tray. And a bunch more

Last night we had beef dumpling stew with rolls and pumpkin bars. My stomach hurts.

#12 ·
Red Chili Pork tamales, Posole with red chili and tons of deserts! sadly, we didn't make any deserts this year, they were all store bought. But, everything else is home made family traditional recipes. Oh, and my sister in law makes the best cheese logs finished off in red chili powder... Awesome!!

#14 ·
We had prime rib, garlic horseradish mashed potatoes, brown gravy, green beans with bacon and tomatoes. Kept it simple and just had one other couple and my 87 year old grandpa as we just had so many people here for Xmas eve. Amazing first Xmas in the new home.
Today will be grazing/leftovers. I do not plan on venturing far from the couch.

#15 ·
Hors d'ouvers: Shrimp, 4 or 5 different cheese selections, artichoke-spinach dip with a variety of crackers. Main course was prime rib, baked potatoes, green beans, and pop overs. Dessert was cheese cake and assorted homemade cookies. Beverages were Prosecco, red wine, white wine, homemade apple cider, and I was drinking a homemade beer that a friend brought over. Today at 2 we have a bunch of friends coming over to relax and chow down on whatever drinks and goodies we have left.

#17 ·
Christmas Eve, actually. Kids comes over then, that way they can be home Christmas Day.

We keep the family tradition of King Ranch Chicken, Green Rice, Tamales. After so many years, it just wouldn't be Christmas Eve with anything else.

And the leftovers are frozen to make them last. Otherwise, this would be only day I get King Ranch Chicken.

#20 ·
Since Moonz was stationed in Thailand before we met and says that Indian curry is not as good we're having yellow Thai curry, rice and Naan bread. Had to make the curry from scratch....house smells amazing!

#25 ·
Howzbout PMing that res-u-p to dear ole Dad. All those spices are supposed to be good for my heart. Love Indian - never tried Thai.

#23 ·
Pork chops. Broccoli and cheese, potatoes, and sticky rice.

#24 ·
Did steaks on the new GMG yesterday and they were YUMMY!! So decided to do ribs slow style today. Had nasty pork bricks instead and ended up doing grilled, bacon wrapped stuffed peppers. I will need time to learn this "grill" for sure.

#29 ·
Oxycodone, flexeril, and keflex.

Turns out I woke up with an abcessed tooth, and jacked my back up man handling that water heater around by myself.

Reactions: Rerun
#30 ·
I used to work for an oral surgeon....I'll pull your tooth out for free

#38 ·
Tonight it's hobo dinners!!!

#42 ·
I told my new dentist at my first appointment that when they all got off work and met at twigs bistro for wine and appetizers to b.s. about their day, my mouth was going to be the one that they'd be talking shit about.:D

She said no way, this office is like Vegas, what happens at the dentist, stays at the dentist!:lol:

Plus I was relieved to find out that for someone who hadn't had any dental work aside from one extraction in 22 years, my teeth were pretty dang clean and great, and that they see far worse mouths from people that do go regularly!:bacon:

#43 · (Edited)
12-16 years 'til I went. Gums receded. $1100 for that treatment. Mine are pretty good too. Now 3-4 times a year for cleaning. I need to do an extraction of a molar. Nobody to drive me home. A real PITA to do that. Never had a tooth pulled.

Frozen homemade pablono's...........

Perhaps Foghat could help me out?!!

4 minutes of 70's Rock and Roll, damn the bass player is one busy dude!

#44 ·
12-16 years 'til I went. Gums receded. $1100 for that treatment. Mine are pretty good too. Now 3-4 times a year for cleaning. I need to do an extraction of a molar. Nobody to drive me home. A real PITA to do that. Never had a tooth pulled.

Perhaps Foghat could help me out?!!

4 minutes of 70's Rock and Roll

Why would you need anyone to drive you home? Dentist numbs area, pulls tooth out, and you go home. Very simple. I have had a few molars pulled from both upper and lower.