Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it take for a dispute, disagreement, altercation or invasion to be classified as a WAR?

Internal, external, population groups, tribal groups, invaders?

Does it happen when the government sends armed personel to interviene?

Does it happen when the first shots are fired?

Who makes the criminal or combatant decision, as in ex-convict or former POW.

Is it all just dependent on who wins?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Well, officially it would be when congress enacts it.

After the fact though, I'd say when the first shot is fired.

-'b

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wonder how many here know what "Hanoi Jane" means?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Not until Jane Fonda has taken sides :D X
Wouldn't that mean we've technically been at war over gun rights for quite some time now? Too bad we can't declare war on PETA. They'd give up quicker than the French.

-'b

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
"Hanoi Jane" was a once-popular brand of 'urinal target' meant to make sure you didn't waste any urine on the floor.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I will never forget my Papaw, on those few occasions that he mentioned her name, would always turn his head and spit afterward, even twenty-odd years after the fact.

·
Registered
168 Posts
W.A.R. - Waste All Resources

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
Well, officially it would be when congress enacts it.

After the fact though, I'd say when the first shot is fired.

-'b
I agree, but wouldnt it be once there are shots fired back. Like in a fight, if you don't fight back its considered an attack. Once you defend yourself then its considered a fight.
But when Congress enacts it is most likely the correct answer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
"Hanoi Jane" was a once-popular brand of 'urinal target' meant to make sure you didn't waste any urine on the floor.

We had one of those in the "B" teams bathroom urinal funny, everyone seemed to stop by frequently

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
Yup Hanoi Jane in all her glory Oh and for you yunguns who don't know the traitorous witch is sitting on a NORTH Vietnamese Antiaircraft gun used to shoot own our planes.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
whats a war?? Give it a little while then look outside you will see it i fear.............

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
This has got to be one of the stupidest threads ever!! If you don't know what a war is you just about as stupid as most of em in DC!!

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
This has got to be one of the stupidest threads ever!! If you don't know what a war is you just about as stupid as most of em in DC!!
but you had to say something.....if its so stupid, then don't read it and for godsake, don't comment

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Aww c'mon Z. I think we know why he's asking. Everyone's wondering when or if this political upheaval we find ourselves in is going to turn into an actual fight. Further, if it did, when would we say this conflict started? When will be the new "April 19th"? Besides, there is an element of uncertainty in what gets named a war anymore. I wasn't alive at the time but even I know enough to refer to Vietnam as a war, not a 'conflict.'

-'b

1 - 20 of 23 Posts