Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
first what are you looking for? a .22 rifle,a shootgun pump or auto?
and also if they dont have what your looking for ask to see their book
they can order you what ever is in their book. i ordered a winchester sx3
2 years ago. gun shops it was $1,100.00 at wally world i paid a lil over $700.00
only thang they donet sell pistols only long guns. hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
I'm eying a Mossberg Maverick at my local wally town. Don't need another shotgun, but I've always wanted of those. Some ppl will say the guns sold there are not as good as the ones sold at regular dealers...but that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I bought both my Savage 110 .30-06 and my Remington 597 .22LR at Wal-Mart. Both were on sale, and the two I got were the display models, so I got an extra 15% off, too. I went to Bass Pro Shop on Monday, and saw the exact same Savage package for $200 more than I paid for it at Wally-World.

+1 on checking the order book, too. They can get some really nice guns, and you can save a lot of money that way.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Purchased a Savage 30-06 and a Remington 870 there.As for the 22's,I would get the Ruger 10/22 or if you want to save a little the Marlin model 60.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
'eff Wal Mart. They get NONE of my gun money. I will save my cash and support quality local dealers or other shops who ...well.... aren't what China Mart is.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yeah, I bought a Savage MKII (non accu trigger) for $117 there. It is a real tack driver-- You can also get a Mossberg Plinkster for $97-- sort of a beater, but it is based on a Marlin reciever and seens to work well..

·
Registered
560 Posts
'eff Wal Mart. They get NONE of my gun money. I will save my cash and support quality local dealers or other shops who ...well.... aren't what China Mart is.
I know you just said that you wont buy from Wal-mart, but do any of them out here in AZ even sell guns anymore? And if so, can you tell me which one? I am just looking for a cheap .22 for plinking.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I know you just said that you wont buy from Wal-mart, but do any of them out here in AZ even sell guns anymore? And if so, can you tell me which one? I am just looking for a cheap .22 for plinking.
Thanks.
Go to Dick's sporting goods: Great prices on .22's, great customer service and they don't drive smaller shops into the ground and force buyouts and bankruptcies just to get a .000001% extra market share. Dick's has the Mossberg 702 Plinkster for $119, and the Ruger 10/22 for $189. Huge selection of other .22's including lever action and they're a huge cricket dealer. Slightly more expensive, but only by $10 or so, and the customer service by far is better. You get REAL one-on-one service!!! I suggest the one by Fiesta Mall, but they have several in the valley. You'll be glad you bought from them.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
my wally world sells 10/22, savage 64, henry lever action, and remington (all .22lr). every now and then i've seen marlin ss .22 mags, plus various other long gun calibers.

neo, i REALLY want to support my local gun stores, but their POOR customer service and BIGOT attitudes has directed me to wally world and online dealers.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but is Dick's not another national chain store? Don't get me wrong, I worked the gun counter at a Dick's and my father (retired from Mo highway patrole) still works at the same store.
So if the savage rifle at wal-mart is differant than the one at Dick's could some one tell me how?
I have many sources for my purchases and lots of factors that help me decide who I will make them from. We need to become a nation that can think for our selves again. It seems to me this is a lot of Americas problem today. Rather than think for our selves we just blame our problems on some one else.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
That's all well and good, but money is money, especially in this economy. If you can buy the same rifle at one chain store for 10 bucks less, or 200 bucks less, well that is just that much more ammo you can buy. I like to support my local gun shops, but when it comes to long guns, they will gouge the heck out of you. $219 for a NEF shotgun that should cost you about $125, $200 for a .22 rifle that should be about $150... that adds up after a while. In fact, Roger, the gun-counter guy at my Wal-mart used to work for one of our local indie gun shops, and left because he thought the markup was getting ridiculous.

If we were talking about products that differ in quality, I would be right there with you, but when these are the exact same items at such different prices, I gotta go with the money.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thanks.
Go to Dick's sporting goods: Great prices on .22's, great customer service and they don't drive smaller shops into the ground and force buyouts and bankruptcies just to get a .000001% extra market share. Dick's has the Mossberg 702 Plinkster for $119, and the Ruger 10/22 for $189. Huge selection of other .22's including lever action and they're a huge cricket dealer. Slightly more expensive, but only by $10 or so, and the customer service by far is better. You get REAL one-on-one service!!! I suggest the one by Fiesta Mall, but they have several in the valley. You'll be glad you bought from them.
I am not sure if I know where the fiesta mall is.
I usually hit the one by Ikea there off of Elliot in Tempe.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Thanks.
I am not sure if I know where the fiesta mall is.
I usually hit the one by Ikea there off of Elliot in Tempe.
That's a good one too.

And, while Dicks IS a chain store, they don't viciously go after EVERY distributor of goods that they themselves also sell. Wal Mart's goal is to be the ONLY one in a region that sells a particular brand, and they aim to bankrupt anyone and everyone to do so. They also claim "Made in the USA" and obviously don't care about taking advantage of the American public by pushing Chinese goods instead. The Anti-Union actions and actively SUING employees after firing if they even talk about union practice is equally abhorrent.

Some chains have a decent attitude, and some simply want to take your money even it it means wrecking your local economy just so that there is a Wal Mart and nothing more. That suits them JUST fine.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'm primarily interested in what they might have that just can't be got at that price point at regular gun shops... whether it be rifle or shotgun. I'd like to get a .22 rifle soonish, and either a 12g coach gun or pump.

Can anybody recommend a good writeup of the cheap Savage .22?

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
If you do end up going to Dick's ask what is in the back room. You never know what is in the back at a reduced price. I bought a Savage .22mag bolt for $139.00.

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I'm primarily interested in what they might have that just can't be got at that price point at regular gun shops... whether it be rifle or shotgun. I'd like to get a .22 rifle soonish, and either a 12g coach gun or pump.

Can anybody recommend a good writeup of the cheap Savage .22?
Some of the best deals Wal-Mart has in shotguns is the Beretta 390 for right at $400 or the Mossberg 935 for $300. The Savage .17 HMR with bull barrel for right at $200 is a tack driver right out of the box! As for their .22s, they have two great ones in the Savage and the Mossberg 702 Plinkster which my 12 year old has proven to be quite deadly when it comes to tree rats and rabbits.

Wal-Mart also has a 'back room' and if you ask the SG Dept Manager what he has in the back with an extra layer of dust may well yield a one-of-a-kind deal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i got a marlin model 60 .22 from wally world a looooong time ago.
i think they run around $100.00. top it off with a nice 3x9x32 or 3x9x40
scope and you got one sweet shooting rifle. i sighted mine in at 50 yds.
and i can shoot the primers out of spent shootgun shells :D. i allso like the idea
of the tube mag. i think it holds 15 in tube and 1 in chamber. think im going to check on a
.17 hmr for my next 1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.