what's new?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by minidriver, Oct 5, 2008.

1. minidriver

minidriver Member

What's new??? the Red bull and vodka got me tonight,,,,,,,really sad day,,,,,,,,,,,,9am this morning found putting down my great dane of 12 years,,,,,,,,,, cancer sucks, even in dogs.

2. minidriver

minidriver Member

What's new?? the RedBull and vodka bug grabbed me tightly tonight,,,,,,,,,,,9am this morning found me putting down my great dane of over 12 years,,,,,, cancer sucks. I miss my dog already.

3. Sorry to hear about your friend.... I had to do that with my crazy cat :( He was the best mouse and mole control critter I have ever had... Anyway easy on the vodka :roll:

4. Mini, I am sorry for your loss man. Hope the wound heals soon dude.

5. Mini
    Someone sent this to me when I had to put my Cocker, LAdy down due to cancer. I hope it helps you.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

6. griff30

griff30 Member

Mini, your lucky, I have had 2 Great Danes and not one made it to 10. 12 years old for danes is more like having a 150 year old family member die. They just are such a noble and loving dog that it does hurt to see them go.
    They live for far too short a time. I have heard of small dogs living for 20 years on good diets, but damn if they cant find a way to make big dogs live longer.

My Bullmastiff is now 4 years old and thats about middle age for him, want to breed him due to his temperment being so good but I do'nt like thinking about him being gone.

7. saiyandide

saiyandide Member

I recently had to put down the family cat he was more of less my cat then anything. Had him for about 5 years, got him from a shelter he was about 8 years old when we put him down. I remember digging in the backyard and just keep going deeper and deeper just because I did not want to put him in the hole and bury him. I am sorry for your loss, some times its just like family and the pain is very real.

8. .45acp thats beautiful man! :clap:

9. Ari

Ari Guest

Very sorry to hear about your loss...

10. p7196

p7196 Guest

Man that is beautiful. It put me in tears. I had to put down my daughters 1/2 shepherd 1/2 hound that she had saved when it was only a few weeks old. He managed to live to be nearly 14yrs old. I had to put him down after a long fight with K9 epilepsy. The final night he 19 seizures in less than 12 hours. In his last year of life we spent nearly $6000 in vet bills. Anyway I had to put him down and I don't think she has ever gotten over it yet.

11. minidriver

minidriver Member

Thanks everyone,,, it's hard to lose a member of the family, no matter the number of legs they have or where they take a crap. My other dog is confused and nervous,,, our seven cats have taken to sitting on our laps,,, all of them all the time. This weekend has been rough. All of our animals are rescues and I am gald to have spent the time with each and everyone of them no matter the cost or effort. I knew that that Jenson(the dane) had a shorter life span than some. But it still hurts. I spent the day today cleaning the carpet in her room,,, the cancer she had produced tumors that could cause uncontrollable bleeding. Saturday morning I got ready for work and found her laying next to two large puddles of blood,,, each 2 foot by 2 foot. I knew it was time. I cleaned her up and coaxed her into my car. A quick call to my vet, who agreed to come in early for me and off my wife, my dog, and I were. Not the first time I have driven a ill pet to their ultimate end, but it never gets easy. We both held her as the end came,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we both miss her terribly,,,,,,,,,,,,,, She was such a big, stupid dog,,,,,,, 150lb deaf Great Dane,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I keep waiting for her to walk into the room and sit on my feet.

12. Sorry to hear about your dog. Yes, cancer does indeed suck.

13. Really sorry about your dog, lost a dog that was like a member of the family recently. It really does suck.

You have good memories and hopefully pictures of your friend to carry on though.

14. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Please see the other thread under the same name in the lounge,
    thank you... [​IMG]
    Strangerous.

15. My condolences minidriver. We had to put down a couple of our dogs awhile ago and that was not easy. Even though they are not replaceable, we got other dogs to help fill the gap they left.

16. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    Sorry to hear the news man. We lost one of our dogs about 6 months ago cancer.

17. condition1

condition1 Member

It's tough, no doubt. Prayers for you.

18. me and my wife are known to rescue dogs from bad situations. We nurse them back to health and we give them good homes with folks who are good to them.

I personally have a devotion to the boxer breed. through all of our rescues, I have wound up with 2 lovely boxers. a 2 yr old boy "Rebel", and a girl puppy "Bonnie (blue)" we also others.

I have buried a few dogs, but it is so much harder when they are family.

my condolences on your loss, and I hope you find another friend soon. another will never be able to replace the one you've lost, but at least it'll help with the healing process...