Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And would you convert your 10 22 into one?
Whats a good aftermarket stock for one?
And, do the stocks work for the long version or the carbine or both?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Bullpup...they move the trigger ahead of the action, makes the rifle overall shorter, but keeps the full length barrel.

There is alot of cool kits out there for the 10/22. There is a kit that makes it look like the WA2000 rifle (which is a bullpup) that I really liked. Then somebody posted a link to a kit that makes it look like a "Tommy" Gun....which is cooler.

Yes, most kits just use the action, and they supply a barrel. So any stock/barerl configuration you have will work.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Bullpups do have a shorter overall footprint, but that's not all.

Bullpups were originally designed as a weapon that gave a shorter overall frame, but moved the firing assembly further back into the shoulder stock. This meant that the recoil and action of the rifle were absorbed by the upper body of the shooter. This leads to a more stable platform for the shooter to work with and less fatigue since the weight of the weapon is being carried and fired closer to the shooter's own center of gravity. The shorter weapon also tends to be better balanced and is easier to shoulder and sight with the firing assembly relocated closer to the shoulder. The length is also more suited for combat in urban environments or on board ships or ocean platforms.

Also, another interesting side-effect of this is a weight savings of nearly 1 to 2 lbs in some cases with heavier combat rifles. This may not seem like alot, but when you're hauling 500 troops with gear, that equates to nearly a half ton of extra supplies you can haul in your transport of choice, and it's savings like this that militaries think about so the troops don't have to!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
The biggest advantage to a bullpup is you can have a longer barrel in a shorter package, and a longer barrel=more accruate and higher velocities. So instead of an AR or FAL with an overall length of 30" with a 16" barrel, check out the kel-tec RFB where you can get a 18" barrel in a 26" package. The only disadvantages to a bullpup is that it can usally only shot Right handed (the Kel-Tec ejects the shells forward).

The 10/22 Bullpup kit has a shitty trigger, its almost like coat hanger wire linking the new trigger to the old one.

The styer, sig and FN are all bad ass bullpups

·
Banned
10,897 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The FS2000 from FN is my favorite of the bullpup designs. It is 100% ambidextrous without modification.

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/family.asp?fid=FNF011&gid=FNG006

Mine is the OD green tactical version and it has a C-More Systems red dot on it, it came with the rifle as a promo thing.
Isn't that the gun you got from your dad? I'm looking at converting a 1022 into that. Adding a light and a sight to go on it too. Does anybody know if you could put a bayonet on it? Just for kicks and giggles ya know.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
leftys are almost completely left out of the bullpup game with few exceptions (and all of them from FN).
You weirdo lefties....dont even realize you have the AUG, and the FAMAS...but who wants that anyways? And the new Tavor they just showed in Futureweapons the other day.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
leftys are almost completely left out of the bullpup game with few exceptions (and all of them from FN).
You weirdo lefties....dont even realize you have the AUG, and the FAMAS...but who wants that anyways? And the new Tavor they just showed in Futureweapons the other day.
The Tavor was released about 2 years ago, and there is CONSTANT rumors about a semi-auto civilian version but yet no real proof. It's almost as anticipated as the 4595 is around here.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Those Tavor's have been in development for a long time. They were in Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield which came out back in 2003. I read something a while back about the civilian version. The price was somewhere around 3k so I basically disregarded the entire article on the premise that I'll never own one :(

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
The FS2000 from FN is my favorite of the bullpup designs. It is 100% ambidextrous without modification.

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/family.asp?fid=FNF011&gid=FNG006

Mine is the OD green tactical version and it has a C-More Systems red dot on it, it came with the rifle as a promo thing.
Isn't that the gun you got from your dad? I'm looking at converting a 1022 into that. Adding a light and a sight to go on it too. Does anybody know if you could put a bayonet on it? Just for kicks and giggles ya know.
\
Yes it is, I love my dad :D

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
leftys are almost completely left out of the bullpup game with few exceptions (and all of them from FN). so i have no love of them.

SW
AUGs are ambi when you switch parts around.

I'm a lefty so I don't appreciate the AR platform, yet I still have love for them.
I doubt you could prove to me an M4 is better than the F2000.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
I liked my Muzzelite bullpup stock for the 10/22, mushy trigger and all. It cost me $65 used as I recall; stock kits go waaay up from there.

Not to thread-jack but my favorite stock kit for the 10/22 is actually not a bullpup but the Evolution by RB Precision (www.rbprecision.com). RBP was the first to manufacture a kit for the 10/22 that allowed the use of AR-15 stocks and such. The only one cooler was the short lived R22 frome Rhineland Arms that allowed the use of HK/CETME stocks on the 10/22 receiver. Sooo sweet.

-'bridge

·
Registered
2,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
you forgot a couple :D

ETA I just noticed the front sight int the krink stock picture looks mighty famillar very much like the one on the 995..hmmm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts