Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
That is gross as hell.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
that littel burg is way down in the SE corner of the state, more than 300 miles from me. You know though, i DID smell something funny the other day.......

on a more serious note, this kind of behavior is not representative of the residents of SD. the man who perpetrated this atrocity was a transplant from MN and has returned there according to the article. he abandoned the meat plant in question after the EPA began fining him for illegal dumping of blood and animal parts into the sewer system. Shady charater all around.

SW

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Thoughts:

1.) All "grossness" aside, what a disgusting waste of such a large amount of meat. He could've called SOMEBODY, quickly and easily, to haul it away while it was still good...for free. Could've called a charity, or just said "first come first served!"

2.) I can't even stress it enough...I'm sorry...44 TONS of good, edible, MEAT! I'm absolutely appalled by this...I just can't fathom it!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Thoughts:

1.) All "grossness" aside, what a disgusting waste of such a large amount of meat. He could've called SOMEBODY, quickly and easily, to haul it away while it was still good...for free. Could've called a charity, or just said "first come first served!"

2.) I can't even stress it enough...I'm sorry...44 TONS of good, edible, MEAT! I'm absolutely appalled by this...I just can't fathom it!
genrally people from MN treat SD like a garbage dump and use us for whatever purpose they need. They ruined most of the hunting around where i grew up by bringing in pay hunters from MN and IA or buying up the land at radically inflated prices for hutning rights. Things like this only reinforces the crappy opinions most SD people have of MN residents.

SW

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Being that I am from MN, I have to agree that MN residents can be really crappy people when it comes to other peoples property, but that's just by personal experience.

Like RDFabsRep, I am also appalled that 44 TONS of meat went to waste. Hell, they could have given that to an animal shelter for dog food if nothing else. What a waste.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
If it was a full 44 tons, that would be 88,000 pounds, multiply by $10.00 a pound on the high end, that means that meat was worth $8.8 MILLION dollars. I can't see any reason why this guy would walk away from that. Hell, he was having financial difficulties, SELL IT and pay your bills.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If it was a full 44 tons, that would be 88,000 pounds, multiply by $10.00 a pound on the high end, that means that meat was worth $8.8 MILLION dollars. I can't see any reason why this guy would walk away from that. Hell, he was having financial difficulties, SELL IT and pay your bills.
My thoughts exactly!

But who needs money anyway, right? :D

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sorry but buffalo meat sucks. Or the one time I ate it it did. Got a buffalo burger from Ruby Tuesdays, it tasted horrible. And I really didn't like the texture.
I agree the guy should've donated it at least.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
I'm sorry but buffalo meat sucks. Or the one time I ate it it did. Got a buffalo burger from Ruby Tuesdays, it tasted horrible. And I really didn't like the texture.
teh meat they use isnt 100% buffalo. its a mix of pork and buffalo to make it easier for the idiots in the kitchen to cook. buffalo meat has less than 1% fat content and it is very hard to properly cook in burger form unless mixed with another meat which ruins it.

as to the money, the guy was already in it up to his eyebrows with teh EPA and other regulatory agencies, and bailed on the whole affair. the local paper said the guy left tens of thousands in unpaid bills, left employees unpaid for over a months worth of work, among other creditor and monetary problems. as of right now, no one seems to know where he is, and fears abound he may have left the country and stuck all the bills on us.

SW

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
teh meat they use isnt 100% buffalo. its a mix of pork and buffalo to make it easier for the idiots in the kitchen to cook. buffalo meat has less than 1% fat content and it is very hard to properly cook in burger form unless mixed with another meat which ruins it.

as to the money, the guy was already in it up to his eyebrows with teh EPA and other regulatory agencies, and bailed on the whole affair. the local paper said the guy left tens of thousands in unpaid bills, left employees unpaid for over a months worth of work, among other creditor and monetary problems. as of right now, no one seems to know where he is, and fears abound he may have left the country and stuck all the bills on us.

SW
Well isn't that just craptastic. Some people. I swear.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
That's the thing I think the Small Business Association should do before giving someone a business loan... Give them a dirtbag exam and if they fail, they don't get a business.

·
514 Posts
uhm... actually it's $880,000, but that's still no small chunk of change!!! Damn mud ducks...

·
Premium Member
36,056 Posts
You know, if it sells retail for $10 a pound, he was only getting $5 a pound...so he only had 440K bucks in value, and he probably only paid $2.50 a pound to the ranchers, so he was only $220K into the meat himself...
I'm just saying...

edited to correct the math I mistakenly assumed to be true.... :mad:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts