What's up folks...New Hi-Point owner here.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Rivernut, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Rivernut

Rivernut Member

Hi-Point seemed to think I need to come take a peek so here I am.
    Just a general hello and intro. Tony from Pittsburgh...Go Steelers...:)
    Marine '84-'88. I've fired everything the 'Corps had to fire from the 1911 to the main gun on an M-60 A1 and everything in between. Not a hunter anymore but have hunted. Avid shooter and gun owner. Black powder revolvers to 12 Ga. DA, SA, revolver, semi, bolt.
    Just acquired a 995ts and love it. My boy named it fugly and I'm ok with that. Shoots flawlessly and I couldn't be happier with it.
    I'll flesh out my profile in a little.
    Look forward to perusing the forums. I have a question or 3 for y'all.

2. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

:welcome:
    And thanks for serving! Glad to have new members aboard!

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Damn another jarhead. :) Welcome from Navy 78-88. Cowboys fan but it is my home team, can we trade owners?

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Nice, welcome to the Asylum. Parris Island Alum here, AND I grew up in Bethel Park. Shared a church with Chuck Noll and still have a terrible towel in the man cave.

5. Dohrmc

Dohrmc IIWFWTIWRTW Member

Welcome,
    Thanks for your service! I grew up just West of Pittsburgh, up the Ohio River from Steubenville in the tiny village of Stratton, Ohio.

KDKA was always on, and we were all big Steelers fans. Still am, although I lived in New Orleans long enough to become a rabid Saints Fan.

I still speak passable Pittsburghese, "younse guys". I also am very familiar with "Pumping Iron".

Lots of info in here, new guy myself.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  6. cruiser

cruiser Member

Welcome from another new guy

7. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Happy to have you. I'm sure you'll get a ton of info here for that TS.

Steelers fan... its OK I won't hold it against you!! :D

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:threeriversnut!!!
    lol
    My Son TONY was also USMC :D

9. Sodaking27

Sodaking27 Member

Welcome from another newbie. Took my new 995TS to the range today for the first time. Worked flawlessly. 100 rounds. Sights dead on. Why did I wait so long to purchase one of these.

10. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

One thing you should know is that Pittsburgh always seems to have the best used guns on armslist. Dont know why but its always Pittsburgh.

11. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Semper fi, Marine. My daughter (MP) and oldest son (Recon) are Marines.

12. Mediocre_Bob

Mediocre_Bob Supporting Member

Semper Fi Tony! Fellow jar head circa late 70s/early 80s. I'm pretty new here too. Already leaned a LOT from these folks about my 995TS.

13. Telehillsdale

Telehillsdale Member

Welcome Rivernut!

I am pretty new with the 995TS also but I agree - it's the bomb. Thanks for your service too! Just so you know if you ever make it out here to San Francisco there are a ton of Steelers fans here.

14. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Wait till you get a hold of the 4595 TS and become ruined for all other carbines.
    Welcome the HP and MOM madness, ignore the haters at the range and watch them line up to shot your fugly rifle once they see what the little beauty can do!

15. Omega-X

Omega-X Member

Glad to see new people getting to know the greatness of Hi-Point. Enjoy the wealth of knowledge here on the HP Forum. :)

16. vmaxjim

vmaxjim Member

As stated previously welcome from another fng...

17. wbrichar

wbrichar Member

welcome

to the family!