Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
NRA is like any other organization people that do not agree with them some of the time like to complain all the time. The Heller decision was landmark for individual rights. I can not see Joe Blow taking a grievance to court and winning like the NRA. Most people do not have the money to fight litigation like the NRA. It is a good organization and people should tap into Cam&co. To see the battles they fight.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I can not see Joe Blow taking a grievance to court and winning like the NRA.
I can also see the NRA never taking a grievance to court for Joe Blow.
Most people do not have the money to fight litigation like the NRA.
It doesn't take money to introduce bills, or have representatives smack bills out of existence, What it takes is Americans with a backbone, love for our country, and desire to have LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS to be elected, instead of the prick with the most money or the other prick with R/D beside his name!

/rant on
I'm not a Fudd,
I'm not a competition shooter,
My firearms were not handed down from my father,
My firearms were not given to me as a gift,
So... Why do I have them? 2A, That's why... And until the NRA can muster up the balls, the courage, and goddamned common courtesy to stand up for the 2A AS IT IS WRITTEN: **** them.
/rant off

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So... Why do I have them? 2A, That's why... And until the NRA can muster up the balls, the courage, and goddamned common courtesy to stand up for the 2A AS IT IS WRITTEN: **** them.
I've seen this plenty of times but I don't understand what the impetus is. I get American Rifleman as part of my membership and it has a section every month about successful cases of self-defense with guns, updates about legislative and other action being taken against 2A rights... what is it that the NRA has done to disgruntle so many people? The reason I ask is because I have seen enough anti-NRA sentiment that I'm assuming that there may be something I should know... I don't want to blindly put my support behind the NRA, I want to be informed.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Well, the brady campaign wants to close the "mentally stable" loophole from firearms sales... You know, that box you check, and sign your name saying it's truthful, under the threat of being charged perjury if you lie... The NRA backed this in congress:
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=A560743B-3048-5C12-00F65445761CBD3A
http://www.thehotjoints.com/2007/10/15/nra-backs-anti-gun-group-join-forces-on-capitol-hill/

Not to mention this guy: David Olofson
He loaned his rifle to a neighbor,
His neighbor experienced a 2 shot burst, and jam at the range.
He and his neighbor are both arrested.
The neighbor is let go,
Olofson is still sitting his ass in prison for illegally transferring a machine gun.
http://theruleoflaw.blogspot.com/2008/05/automatic-gun-transfer-nets-prison.html
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=68590

Where's the NRA? No damn where, do not believe for one second that they will go to bat for you.
Where's the GOA? Paying that man's mortgage and family car payment. (and fighting for his release)

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
when the president of the NRA stands up in front of TV cameras and states that there is no need for any civilian to own an AK-47 is when i stopped supporting them. they only care about fudds. when they start supporting ALL GUN OWNERS and not just the politically correct ones, ill think about sending them money again.

SW

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I send them both money for the same reason that having a poor gun is better than having no gun and two guns is even better. Its not much money and in the end they do some good for us.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when the president of the NRA stands up in front of TV cameras and states that there is no need for any civilian to own an AK-47 is when i stopped supporting them. they only care about fudds. when they start supporting ALL GUN OWNERS and not just the politically correct ones, ill think about sending them money again.

SW
I did some googling and found this link, which I think is what you are talking about: http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/rkba-47.html

I agree that it was a horrible thing for him to say... poor SOB was probably going senile at that point.

I appreciate the info from everybody. I was not aware of GOA's existence until now. I am definitely going to do some research and will probably join.

·
Registered
671 Posts
what does GOA stand for?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I did some googling and found this link, which I think is what you are talking about: http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/rkba-47.html
:brow:

Charlton Heston said that?!?!

agreed, it was definitely not one of his better moments, and now leaves a stain on the image that I had of the man.

The Heller decision was landmark for individual rights. I can not see Joe Blow taking a grievance to court and winning like the NRA.
and exactly what does the NRA have to do with the Heller decision? Originally, the NRA never wanted the case to even be heard before the court, and they only pinned their names onto the situation, when it became apparent that they had to do nothing in the situation, and when it appeared that they could advance their image in the situation.

Not to mention this guy: David Olofson...
Where's the NRA? No damn where, do not believe for one second that they will go to bat for you.
Where's the GOA? Paying that man's mortgage and family car payment. (and fighting for his release)
agreed. I followed the Olofson case religiously, and it shows , again, that the NRA only backs cases that they feel they have nothing to lose, and when it will advance their image.

As for all of the anti legislation that has recieved the NRA seal of approval, you also must remember that McCain was regularly awarded with around a "D" rating from teh NRA, until he became the frontrunner in teh Republican primaries... THEN he suddenly became upgraded to an "A-" rating...

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
As for all of the anti legislation that has recieved the NRA seal of approval, you also must remember that McCain was regularly awarded with around a "D" rating from teh NRA, until he became the frontrunner in teh Republican primaries... THEN he suddenly became upgraded to an "A-" rating...
Score one for learning something today, I did not know about that rating change.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I only have 1 gun at this time, may get a couple more in the future. I think most of the problem the general public has with the NRA is that they see the NRA as unwilling to compromise on anything. Many non-gun owners question the need for "assault" weapons among gun owners. I think they envision all assault weapons as machine guns.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I only have 1 gun at this time, may get a couple more in the future. I think most of the problem the general public has with the NRA is that they see the NRA as unwilling to compromise on anything. Many non-gun owners question the need for "assault" weapons among gun owners. I think they envision all assault weapons as machine guns.
A true assault weapon is automatic, ie selectable rate of fire, any semi-auto is not an assault weapon.

·