What's your carry piece?

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by gunnut, Apr 17, 2008.

1. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    Mine is a KelTec P11 and a NAA 22LR Minirevolver.

2. firerat

firerat Guest

Bersa Thunder .380

3. depends: EMP, M&PC, P-11

4. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    Good choice. I used to have one til I got on a Keltec kick. It was reliable enough for what I paid.

5. I have to reconsider this question... hmmm...

Y'see, I'd like to say that my primary carry piece is my SCCY (SKYY) CPX-1, 9mm. It works very well, and it's the right caliber. But, some time ago, I acquired a newer, smaller CCW, a Kel-Tec P-32, and this thing was so light and small that I just didn't have any reason NOT to carry because I could just pick it up and go.

So, now here I am... a few months have passed by and I've come to realize that the P-32 is really become my primary carry weapon, and I don't even know how it happened. I mean, I take it everywhere no matter what I'm wearing -- it's just to easy to slip it in your pocket and go. And, all too often, the SCCY 9mm just sits at home. When I started to realize this, I started to keep track of how many times I carried with which gun and found... that I tend to carry the SCCY 9mm when I know I'm going out (like on Saturday or Sunday to the mall or whatever), and I just grab my P-32 whenever I need to take a "quick trip" to the store throughout the week. Anyway, those "quick trips" far outweigh the planned excursions.

I like that little gun... compact, thin, light, etc. The only thing is that it's caliber, a .32 Auto, is not really desirable. I've been thinking about trading it in for the .380 version of the gun.

6. C9-
    1. I'm a big guy, 6'3", 290lbs, I have no problems concealing that big lug.
    2. I love the big ugly thing.
    C. My wife won't let me buy any other guns.

7. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    Broomhead, do what I do, tell her it was a door prize and pay cash. If it's not too expensive, you might just get away with it.

8. I carry a charter arms .38 undercover model, normally in a uncle mike's iwb. Conceals easily with just about anything I am wearing. Which is very important here in the florida heat.

9. gunnut,
    My wife was born at night but not last night. I think she would honestly shoot me with whatever gun I bought without her permission. :shock:

10. My work carry is a Kel-Tec P3AT in a pocket holster with a spare mag. When im not working I carry a Glock 19 with the Kel-Tec doing BUG service.

11. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

12. since that posting, I have sold my Ruger kp944, and my PA63, so that I could afford my M4 build, and now I am just left to carry my HP .40 and my jennings .22 I know not exactly the top of the line but hopefully I will be upgrading this summer, with a few new toys, looking at picking up a kel tec 9mm or 3AT, and definately a 9mm HP

13. Once my carry permit arrives, I'll carry my C9 and my HP22a. Around the house/yard probably just my C9 but you never know. :?

14. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    Winter: Ruger P345 in a Desantis IWB holster.
    Summer: My new Kel-Tec PF-9 in a pocket holster.

Actually, the Keltec is so small I may just carry it as a BUG in winter as well.

15. makarovnik

makarovnik Member

Makarov or Polish P64 both in 9x18.

16. s0b3

s0b3 Member

depending on what i'm wearing:

keltec p3at -> kahr cw9 -> glock 23 -> glock 22

17. Tuarus PT 92 AFS. It's kinda on the large side, but it's my favorite. That is until I pick up a Rocky Mountain Armory 1911 .45 and put a trigger kit in it!!!!

18. i plan on getting a s&w sigma .40

19. I carry my JCP most of the time but theres been a few times when I dont care and Ive carried my Rem 1857 Army. You would be surpised on how few people even noticed that big chunck of metal on my hip.

20. Primary: S&W 9VE 9mm (Sigma)
    Secondary: Bersa Thunder .380 or Taurus PT22 Depends on needs

Future: Kel Tek P3AT .380 provided it is 100% reliable after break-in period.