• Other.... please post your "other" lube

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RemOil for Semi's and in the action of my hunting rifles

3-n-1 on the exposed surfaces of my hunting rifles.

On my muzzleloaders I use TC Natural Lube 1000 aka Bore Butter exclusively for bore, lock, stock and barrel.

Finally found a local store that sells Ballistol and I will be giving it a good test run in several of my semi's to see how it compared to RemOil.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
CLP for me, it's been battle proven and I get it for free from Security Forces.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
On other threads I've read where this has come up, someone always starts a big argument by choosing Mobil1.

SO, I'm gonna say MOBIL1 :lol: :lol:

(Oh, I do use it, along with some other lubricants, on my guns)

G

·
EDIT:

I voted "other"

I have always used Hoppes Gun Oil.

I may have to check into the MiliTec-1 as I have never used it before...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I "FINALLY" got the poll to display "OTHER" selection for those who use something not listed on the orginal poll choice. Initially I had this option in the poll but every time I clicked the Submit button the Other option would no be there.

rimfirehunter

·
Registered
557 Posts
CLP took a real dump in Iraq and the current deployed units now use MiliTec-1 which is a hands down better performer in dirty, dusty environments. I edited the poll to add that option since it has a solid wide range deployment with are armed forces.
I agree to an extent--- I never had an issue with CLP (or LSA) for that matter--- But the weapons stayed pretty dry on ops when we went out. We did keep a larger ( maybe like 8oz) bottle of LSA for our guns (MGs, not rifles), but I never put anything but a light coat on my M16a2--- worked like a charm---

That was just us though-- every break/rest period, we took turns breaking our weapons down and cleaning them -- no more than 50% of us were down at a time, unless we were in the rear.

You would be suprised though how weapons maintenance is the difference maker. We trained with the Jordanian "Royal" something or others (King Hussein's "elite")-- They did not even know what lube was---

Needless to say, we did not do f&m exercises under their guns....

No wonder the whole Middle East is kept at bay by little ole Israel!

:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
I use rem oil for bore and depending on temperature or use rem oil or dry lube on moving parts. Birchwood Casey Sheath for external metal & wood.

·
Registered
435 Posts
What, the blood of those that would do us harm isn't on there?!?!? And you call this a poll?!?!?!?!?!? LOL CLP for me. Goes good on a nice crusty Italian bread too!

G

·
CLP here as well, I haven't tried tha stuff Gman was talking about.

I considered oiling my frying pan for a cheeseburger with it this afternoon... :wink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.