What's your favorite round to shoot?

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by mr_flintstone, Mar 10, 2015.

1. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

Foregoing momentum, kinetic energy, or knockdown power what is your favorite to shoot?

Let's keep it to Hi-Point ammo only: .380, 9mm, .40, or .45. Handgun, carbine, or both. I like to shoot .380 in handgun because of the light recoil, and 9mm in carbine because of the flatter trajectory.

2. Grumpy553

Grumpy553 Member

I like 9mm...in just about everything. I think 9mm is the best compromise overall considering recoil, price, stopping power, availability, etc. Its comfortable to shoot all day in both my C9 and 995TS, and doesn't crush my wallet.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I agree, 9mm is a good all around affordable general purpose round. Fairly inexpensive for plinking and still very effective for self defense.

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

.45 for me. Of my hipoints the 4595 is simply my favorite gun to shoot out of anything I own regardless of brand. 9mm doesnt give me a feeling of "power" in that theres not enough recoil for me to enjoy it. My 4095 shoots great, but it never got used, .40 in general has never appealled to me, for no real reason. .45 lets me know im shooting it (at least in a pistol), & I know whatever I hit with it, is stopping.

5. I like 9mm is a easy and cheap round...

out side of HP guns I love .22LR and .22WMR ( but cant find the LR here though ) I also love 30-30 and 30-06 12 gauge because there the only old time guns I have ( I love shooting the old guns (aka cowboy shooting ))

6. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I shoot 9mm almost all the time, which is a lot because of competition and practice.

7. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

My favorite is the 380 followed by the 45. I plan on the 3895TS as a companion piece to my CF380 when it's available.

8. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

9mm - for none of the reasons listed.

9. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Well, for Hi Point calibers only, I'd say the .40.

I have only shot the C9 and the JCP. I prefer shooting the JCP, so I guess that means I prefer shooting the .40S&W

10. Django

Django Member

11. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    If we are restricting this discussion to handgun cartridges, the .45ACP is my favorite round to shoot. Aside from my Walther P22, all of my handguns are .45ACPs.

I do shoot 9mm when the wife and I go to the range, together, because she has a G19. That could change, though. She just decided, this last weekend, that she really enjoys the 1911.

12. SWO1

SWO1 Member

In handgun ... .22 lr, .38 Super, and .45 acp. I shoot 3 gun bullseye so shoot these the most. I know HP dosnt make a .22 or .38 in anything. I liked the HP .40 I used to have, just not good for bullseye. My center fires are 1911s and a Smith for .22.

13. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

In handguns, hands down a 45. In rifles, it is any caliber I own although for just outright versatility and fun the Tactical :zombie: Bunny Blaster is the best.

Attached Files:

14. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

It depends on the mood I'm in that day. The range is my zen garden and shooting is how I meditate. As long as I've got ammo, I'm good.

15. Anything I can find or have on hand provided it goes BOOM!!!

Although .177 is fun because I can set up cans in the backyard and have a shoot out with my daughter.

16. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

9MM, until HP comes out with a .223. I keep asking them WHEN but dont get a reply...lol !!!

17. Dave4903

Dave4903 My other car is a M60A3 Supporting Member

380 for rapid follow up shots on target

18. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Only HPs I have shot are the 995ts and 4595ts, and I like the .45. I honestly didn't feel any difference in recoil between the 2 calibers. I imagine that if I ever bought a .50bmg rifle, I'd probably love it, just for the pewpew factor alone.

It really all depends on a few factors if a caliber is fun to shoot or not.
    1st being availability. 2nd being price per round. 3rd being the size of the gun. 4th being the weight of the gun.
    I've said before that I did not like the .45 XDs one bit, it was too snappy for me. Yet, I love shooting 1911s because recoil isn't that bad on them. This goes back to 3 and 4; a larger, heavier gun will tame recoil better than a smaller, lighter gun. My Henry Goldenboy is a great little .22lr rifle, but finding reasonably priced .22lr ammo is like finding hen's teeth. Which goes back to 1 and 2.

19. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

45ACP... but not in a Hi-Point.

20. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

40sw in the hi point world. 22lr in the rugers r22 is my favorite.