What's your preference?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Dwilby83, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Dwilby83

Dwilby83 Member

After shooting a box of WIN white box fmj for my 45jhp. Mine fired without a hitch. But does yours prefer a certain brand or grain over others? Any and all are welcome to comment. Thanks for any advice.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

My guns & I like CHEAP ammo!

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Reloads usually. Well most times

4. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Anyone shoot any brass blazer 115gr? Bought 3 50rd boxes at the lgs for $38 figuring I would start out cheap and work my way up and stop were reliablility is stable.

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have NO problems with the Blazer Brass. I have not had much trouble with any of 9mm ammo, and I have a complete mix of that? I do have issue with some 22LR ammo in certain guns though!

6. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Yeah I've read where some have had trouble with cheaper or weaker rounds cycling through the c9 being a blowback design, same troubles with 22lr, my high standard hd military likes specific shaped of rounds from cci, while my beretta u22 will eat any old crap I put in it.

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

My MKII Ruger Target, it is not stock trigger job and a weaker recoil spring, will shoot anything reliably. That includes quite rounds at 800 fps. My 10/22 will not reliably cycle the sub sonic rounds but will work without a hitch with any standard or high velocity round.

The 4595 will eat anything, aluminum, tula, WWB, HP's, my finger.

M&P 357 Sig, never any issues with any ammo, got to love a bottle neck.

CZ75, everything I have fed it so far, but I have only used Monarch ball and HP's so far.

8. I roll my own (except 22lr) and they run the best in all my firearms. :)

9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I had a problem with a box of WWB once. Other than that I have had no problems with any ammo.

10. papataylor

papataylor Member

My favorite ammo is free ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

11. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome dwilby, and welcome redraptor from the great southwest. My hp's will shoot anything! my russian girls will shoot anything. My AR prefers brass case. My mossberg pliksters will shoot any .22 lr ammo. My Sig 1911 .22lr prefers high velocity rounds. The mausers will shoot anything. Steel case was getting jammed in the chamber on the 1914 model, but she is a hundred yrs old afterall. I polished the chamber on her with 0000 steel wool and she seems to be fine now. I have had some problem with wwb bulk pack .22, and the remmy thunderbolt stuff. But, I don't have those guns anymore. Like I said, the mossy's shoot anything.

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Same here but I will shoot WWB have 1000 RDS of it I get a dud every now and then but they work. Reloads work the best though.

13. I've shot wolf steel case, magtech brass, wwb brass & freedom munitions brass - no problems. My troubles were gun/mag related. 484 rounds fmj for 8 minor stoppages. Love my C9! :)