Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Vitamin B-12. You can get it almost anywere. It is what is in the hang over pills/chaser pills etc. Drink fluids/ (of the non acholic persuasion) take a few b-12 tabs, and some mountian dew or simialer go-juice, You will feel a lot better in a few hours...........

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
+1 on the Gatorade and Vitamin B-12. Potassium is supposed to help, too... maybe eat a banana. I would say stay away from the caffeine, but that is only from my own personal reaction (blood pumping more vigorously to an already throbbing head).

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Vitamin B-12.
+1, and if you can remember before you pass out, 2 ibuprofen before bed will take the edge off in the morning. No sugary drinks, no caffeine, no, zero, none, nada aspirin (vaso-dilator will make that head ring like a church bell, and a light breakfast.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I've never had a hangover... I'd always get a really good buzz going, and keep it going as long as needed... then I'd switch over from liquor to juice... then finish off with a 7up... I was usually "sober" before I went to bed... well... at least sober enough to find the bed.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I rarely have hangovers and I always rehydrate myself with fluids before bed and after drinking. Works 99% of the time. You feel the "hangover" due to dehydration. SO rehydrate!

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
+1. Hydrate man. I've NEVER had a hangover and I've been to tons of wild college parties. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I think hydrating really helps.

·
Registered
132 Posts
my prescription would be more alcohol :devilsidesmile:
now if you want a cure so you dont get anymore hangovers i also have that. what you do is get really really drunk, go to bed at 2-3am then wake up at 6:30am and go to a construction sight for 2-3 hours, repeat for 6-8 weeks and your cured.

i used to get hangovers and bad, and i worked as a framer so whenever i got drunk i knew the next day would suck but i went and after about 6 weeks i got used to it and now when i get drunk, the next morning i only get a headache if its really quite. :D

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I don't know, I felt pretty crappy this morning after only 3 or 4 hours of sleep. I did get a lot of water in me before I went to sleep but I still had a slight headache.

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
Kids Pedialyte or however its spelled... its amazing!! Hydration is key.. When I went to the bar for my 21st I got Effed up... but I told my waitress that i want to keep my water glass as full as possible... I went through about 4 glasses of water. I lost count of all the shots after my friends lined up 4 shots of Liquid Cocaine and made me take them all at once. Next morning we went to a theme park and rode rollercoasters... I was fine.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
+1 on the Gatorade and Vitamin B-12. Potassium is supposed to help, too... maybe eat a banana. I would say stay away from the caffeine, but that is only from my own personal reaction (blood pumping more vigorously to an already throbbing head).
Gatorade is high in potassium salt and sugar. Electrolytes inside your body help to retain fluids. Electrolytes in a foot bath for example tend to draw fluid, and toxins out.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Hangovers are a direct result of the body being dehydrated, plain and simple. To try to avoid hangovers, at the end of the night of your drinking binge, make SURE you drink at least 1-2 12 oz glasses of water before you go to sleep and drink additional water if you get up during the night. Getting your body re-hydrated is the simple solution. I like a nice cold V-8 or tomato juice the next morning as well 8)

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well friday evening I pounded 15 maybe 16 shots of jim beam in about an hour and 15 minutes with just a few sips of coke to take the burn off. By the time I was done I couldnt even drink water and didnt know where I was. I was at home. But dang that was wicked. I ended up drinking gatorad and water all day saturday but I still feel like crap a little today.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I didn't want to post due to my lack of typing skills but here's my 2 cents.Drink a glass of orange juice alway's before you start drinking,than after.When you wake up take two goody powders with a glass of orange juice.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
mix up your alcahol drinking with water, and drink some more when you get home. a hangover is just critical dehydration of your tissues, and drinking lots of water will alleviate that. i have had the grand total of two hangovers my entire life with this method and ive been on some pretty epic benders. avoid lots of pop or other sugary drinks while drinking, this exacerbates the problem. For some reason red bull doesnt do this, i dont know why. i can drink RB and vodka's all night and be just fine the next day.

SW

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.