When and Where did you find out about Hi Point Firearms

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by BigBrad75, Dec 2, 2009.

1. jms1339

jms1339 Member

was killing time at the flee market a couple of month's ago and saw the c9 for 125.00 bought it and really enjoyed firing it. so 2 weeks ago i bought the 995ts and now working on the modifications for each of them.

Rerun likes this.
  2. I first heard of them in 2009 when I walked into a pawn shop that sold them. I was looking for a new pistol and was shopping around. I couldn't believe the price so I asked about them at an lgs I was also shopping at. I was told they were pot metal, they wouldn't sell them, and not to buy one. I believed them :rolleyes: and bought something else. Fast foward to 2016 and I came across the carbines. After reading alot of reviews and watching alot of videos, I picked up a 4095ts and I've been in love ever since. Ironically, I got it from the lgs that had first told me not to buy one. They had started selling them by then.

3. misterjhpc9

misterjhpc9 Member

I was just getting into guns, didn't have the best job back then and just needed something to protect myself and my family. I went online and seen hi point c9 for 149 and a jhp for 179 and I purchased them. I then found this website for tons of information. Thousand rounds later through both guns and no hiccups. Of course I own other guns now but I'll never stop shooting my hi point's. They held my household down for awhile and I had 100% confidence that they would put a threat down if my life was on the line.

Rerun likes this.
  4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I was born a poor blackman. Daddy only had a old double barrel. Me I wanted to be gangster. So I went out to get a glock. The guy I was buying from said don't get a glock they suck and blow up. Get a HP. So I got one. Been blasting ever since.

5. Harrylongbaugh

Harrylongbaugh Member

I think that they're beautiful simply because they are big, black hulking guns and if I was a bad guy and someone pulled a hi point on me ( especially a .45) I would automatically think that's a freaking hand cannon and stop what I was doing.

Rerun likes this.
  6. Then you met E and she cleaned you up right nice.

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

A bath does wonders

8. I was looking for a pistol/carbine combo for home defense and Hi Point was a natural. I did a little research but was just checking about reliability. I'd never been an auto guy before so I wanted to keep the price down in case I changed my mind. Since getting them I've been extremely happy with them and glad I joined the family. My 45 carbine generates a lot of interest at the range. IMO, the gun snobs are just jealous that we can spend more on ammo since we didn't waste it on pretty.

9. Harrylongbaugh

Harrylongbaugh Member

I used to work with a bunch of gun snobs that were in love with their Kimber customs and their Beretta 92s a couple would not shut up about their glocks but the one thing that they all hated were hi points. They would call them gang pieces or Saturday night specials. Even the snobby gun dealer tried to keep me from picking it up after it had arrived at the store! As I found out from talking to a few friends that actually owned hi-points is that they loved them. So I bought the jhp.45 and after putting over 500 rounds through it, I'm sold on hi point firearms and the gun snobs be damned.

Rerun likes this.
  10. badhumors

badhumors Member

I wanted to buy a gun for several years but the 3-400 dollar entry level price was putting me off. One morning a co-worker showed me a c9 at a pawn shop for $100. Did a bit of internet research and bought it on my lunch break. 6 months and 600+ rounds later, I'm still in love. The looks never put me off, my "ugly" gun is sexy.

Rerun likes this.
  11. My brother in law owned one. That's how I heard of High Point. I guess that was about 10 years ago.

Rerun likes this.
  12. As a long time gun enthusiast and collector, it started with my vicarious enjoyment watching the armchair "experts" b$%ch and moan about how lousy and worthless they were. Then I began to listen to those who actually owned and shot them, and it was like a night and day contrast.

I'm interested in the design history of firearms, and the fact that simple, shootable and dependable firearms can be made and offered for so little money is fascinating to me.

13. rowiebowie

rowiebowie Supporting Member

Texas

Welcome badhumors ! ! !

Welcome oldranger53 ! ! !

So, did you buy one like badhumors did?

14. BigT45

BigT45 Member

Like everyone else, heard bad about them. I've had many pistols, revolvers, long guns before but have had to sell due to some financial hardships at different times in my life. Now is one of them. I've been wanting to pick a semi auto again for HD and found these beauties on line at CTD and Sportsman's Guide. I liked the way they look but more importantly, the price. Decided on the JHP 45, and am totally in love. I'm a big guy and this baby fits my hams beautifully. Not sure how long our financial woes will last but at least we will be well protected. Thanks Hi Point and thanks guys for the honest guidance. Member for life.

15. BigT45

BigT45 Member

Nice looking rig there!!!

16. CSACANNONEER

CSACANNONEER Member

I don't have a clue when I first noticed HiPoints. I bought one because, I had a 5 gal bucket of .380 brass and dies but nothing that shot .380. So, when I stumbled on a used one for $95, I bought it to justify loading .380 and to see what all the hype was about. Yea, I have what most would call a large collection of firearms ranging from absolute junk guns like a NIB RG .22lr revolver to 50 BMG rifles so, will HiPoints price point is intriguing, it isn't like it's the only gun I can afford. Anyway, the .380 has been really fun to shoot and has made a believer out of many of my CCW students who I let shoot it. No, I don't use it for a carry gun due to size and weight. I have since bought a 995 and a C9.

Rerun likes this.
  17. JCE

JCE Vladof Member

Not really a gun guy most of my life. Didn't grow up with them. But being a history buff and huge TV western show fan I naturally liked the old historical stuff. For example; 19th century Winchesters, Luger, Sturmgewehr (MP43/44), 1911, and etc.

So when I finally decided to buy my first firearm for myself I was looking for a basic Marlin lever action rifle and stumbled upon a YouTube video of a Hi-Point 4595 and was instantly curious. I liked the design actually despite the online hate and it was pretty accurate in the video. I ended up getting the 995TS as a birthday present to myself at Academy while it was on sale.

If I like it enough, and I know I will, I'll get the 4595 in a year or two. Who knows, I might get a Hi-Point handgun while I save up for a 1911. :D

18. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Me again, playing with the new phone. Look around and you can get the pistols used for a good price. I do prefer my Shield and RIA 1911 A2 (14 round 1911), but for the money you can get a C9 (9mm) or JHP (45), for under 150 if you look. My JHP's cost me under 300 for both. Ugly, heavy, go bang every time, and good accuracy. I use one as a truck gun.

19. OldSmitty

OldSmitty Member

I've known about Hi Point for years. I've carried a Beretta M9 for 30 years off and on.
    I broke down and bought C9 last summer after shooting one at a local range. Loved it right off the bat and ordered a 995TS a couple of months ago and haven't regretted it.

20. JCE

JCE Vladof Member

I need to try out a Rock Island Armory 1911 GI model. But for now there's a plain Remington 1911 that I like a lot. I prefer to buy new unless it's over 100 years old. ;)