Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,897 Posts
He needs to stop with the carbs, sugar, and crap diet like we've been telling him for years. Getting your A1C low enough to be on the chart for the first time in a decade isn't a win, it's simply stepping in to the ring to fight for your life. ☝☝☝

Sorry to be the asshole, but not really. Sure it sucks ass, but it's self inflicted.
So sorry, not sorry? 😹

Seriously tho, gotta say you are correct. Perhaps this was a wakeup call for our favorite old Curmudgeonly resident old Fart,
@Rerun @Eldar-Beast

Hang in there old Boi, don't know what I'd do without your support 🤩

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
He needs to stop with the carbs, sugar, and crap diet like we've been telling him for years. Getting your A1C low enough to be on the chart for the first time in a decade isn't a win, it's simply stepping in to the ring to fight for your life.

Sorry to be the asshole, but not really. Sure it sucks ass, but it's self inflicted.
Since my epiphany,

I have cut out all sugars, most carbs, and am only drinking water, ice tea, and coffee.

I'm eating fish 5 days a week, chicken 1 day a week and a 4 oz portion of beef 1 time a week.

Half of my plate is green veggies.

My blood sugar levels have dropped to 147 last Wednesday, 138 last Friday and 130 today.

My A1C has dropped from 12 to 10.5 in four months.

My target weight is 195. Currently 240.4.

Somehow, I gained 7 pounds while in the hospital.
o_O

Thank you all for all your concern, prayers, and best wishes.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rerun

·
Super Moderator
10,513 Posts
Since my epiphany,

I have cut out all sugars, most carbs, and am only drinking water, ice tea, and coffee.

I'm eating fish 5 days a week, chicken 1 day a week and a 4 oz portion of beef 1 time a week.

Half of my plate is green veggies.

My blood sugar levels have dropped to 147 last Wednesday, 138 last Friday and 130 today.

My A1C has dropped from 12 to 10.5 in four months.

My target weight is 195. Currently 240.4.

Somehow, I gained 7 pounds while in the hospital.
o_O

Thank you all for all your concern, prayers, and best wishes.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rerun
Pretty much the same here. I just put a couple of who fish in the fridge, they will thaw and I will dress them and be almost as fresh as the day they were caught. I eat a bit of chicken, and allowing myself one steak per month.

Half my plate is green veggies, been eating them raw, but I have started steaming them, 1/4 is meat, and 1/4 is complex carbs. I drink water, unsweetened tea, and black coffee.

I want to,lose another 70-80 pounds.

We need to lean on each other.

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
What kind of workout?

Weights?

Exercise?

Walking?

Jogging?

Running?

A combination of these?

I parked in the patient parking lot and walked into the East entrance of the VA hospital and had to stop at the entrance to catch my breathe. A distance of about 70 yards...

Rerun

·
Premium Member
26,938 Posts
What kind of workout?

Weights?

Exercise?

Walking?

Jogging?

Running?

A combination of these?

I parked in the patient parking lot and walked into the East entrance of the VA hospital and had to stop at the entrance to catch my breathe. A distance of about 70 yards...

Rerun
Actually high intensity cardio (running/ jogging, HIIT) is bad for fat burning because it puts your body in immediate deficit which causes it to go after your muscles because protein breaks down easier than fat.

Low intensity cardio like walking, swimming, water aerobics, etc are better on the joints and less stressful on your heart by creating a gradual increase and decrease in your heart rate.

Stretching, yoga, pilates, swimming, and weight lifting are what I used to do to stay in shape. I have a bum heart and a bad back so I have to get back in to it very slowly.

·
Premium Member
22,608 Posts
I need to jump on the elliptical in my living room.

·
Administrator
29,775 Posts
What kind of workout?

Weights?

Exercise?

Walking?

Jogging?

Running?

A combination of these?

Rerun
Adding muscle mass. Depending on who you ask, one pound of muscle burns between 6 and 13 calories a day just to exist; just sitting around doing nothing it's burning calories. So any thing that improves strength and adds muscle. Not just "weight training." Body weight training, dynamic tension, yoga (like Rach mentioned), "pool exercises," even walking at less than "powerwalk" speeds, climbing stairs (moderately).

So in your case, probably any low-impact, moderate strength-building, exercise will be beneficial to your goals. You will also need some moderate cardio too, not for weight reduction but for cardio health. If I were in your position, I'd probably do a combination of walking and swimming.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Last Friday and yesterday, Monday, my blood sugar levels were 114 and 100 respectively.

My pcp was considering putting me on a one time a week injection medication but, is now reconsidering.

Neuropathy attacked my right foot last night about 8:00 PM.

About an hour ago (1:28 AM), I awoke with difficulty breathing. I called 911 and they responded in 10 minutes.

My ekg was normal but my BP was up - 168/89, heart rate 88, oxygen 98%. Blood sugar was 169.

The second time my BP had dropped to 144/79, heart 75, oxygen still at 98%.

I'm checking in with my pcp in the morning.

Hopefully, I can go back to work on this Thursday evening.

The company will let me drive my patrols until my foot is completely healed.

I really need the income.

Rerun

41 - 50 of 50 Posts