Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally buy a Canik, The TP9 Elite Combat model with the15+3 mag and now I can't find any mags for it. Everywhere I look online they are "out of stock". The gun stores I've been in across 2 different states are all out of stock as well, even the ones that carry Canik firearms.
Anybody got a line on these? There's a gun show here today. I might go and see if I find any there.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Cue the Glock fanbois…..”they should have used Glock mags”.

BTW…what is a 15+3 mag? Is that just an 18 round mag with a silly name?

• Haha
Reactions: 1024Megabytes

·
Premium Member
22,082 Posts
Grabagun, Midway, and Gunmagwarehouse. Get on their notification lists and be ready to buy them right away. I am on the list for those mags too. I have had good luck finding the 20's. Also on the list for the TP9SC Elite mags.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,771 Posts
Cue the Glock fanbois…..”they should have used Glock mags”.
Why not? Isn't the Canik a G19 clone?

Notwithstanding glunk mag compatibility, I bet it's the standard European Spec 9mm doublestack, might be able to modify a CZ or BHP mag to fit.

·
Super Moderator
9,955 Posts
I just about bought a CANiK. Guess I am glad I bought the Ruger American. I was able to purchase the magazines I wanted.

Still have a rant though. I had to buy an insert for the American Pistol magazines so I could use them in the Ruger PC Carbine. I mean WTF, it’s a Ruger for cripes sake. It ships with a Ruger Security 9 insert and a Glock insert. PUT THE AMERICAN PISTOL INSERT IN THE DANG BOX- LET THE GLOCK FANBOIS BUY THE DANG INSERTS.

·
Premium Member
22,082 Posts
Why not? Isn't the Canik a G19 clone?
In no way is it related to a Glock. MecGar mags. You can mod a Beretta mag IIRC. The mags are out there, you just have to set notification buttons on the websites and catch the emails when they come in. There is 2 different 15+3 mags out there. One has an aluminum base, the other is polymer.

Edit: the triggers are heads and tails above a Glock right out of the Canik case. They are an excellent choice in $ to $ comparison VS other brands.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,771 Posts
In no way is it related to a Glock. MecGar mags. You can mod a Beretta mag IIRC. The mags are out there, you just have to set notification buttons on the websites and catch the emails when they come in. There is 2 different 15+3 mags out there. One has an aluminum base, the other is polymer.

Edit: the triggers are heads and tails above a Glock right out of the Canik case. They are an excellent choice in $ to $ comparison VS other brands.
Beretta, Gotcha. So that makes it a standard Euro-Spec 9. Reaper and I did the original workup with Beretta and CZ. One should be able to find either brand and mod it to fit Canik.

Another guy did a good bit of this is @GoesBang

·
Premium Member
22,082 Posts
One should be able to find either brand and mod it to fit Canik.
[/USER]
I'm not going to mod anything to work in it. It's easy to find the Canik mags if you do the button pushing on your phone, or other device. When they come in stock you buy them. I think you can even get them straight from Canik/Century arms.

Beware there is at least one fake Canik website out there!

Here's the enthusiast site. Sucky part is they don't send notices and post notifications to anyone. There is no movement by the site owner to fix it either.

The 20's fit all the current models and seem to come up more often than the others.

Reports are the Canik ProMags can be modded with available Beretta followers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts