Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Administrator
24,489 Posts
I haven't seen where any of them are making the claims you are.
Vista themselves said it and as the owner of all of those lines of manufacture "they" aren't out denying what their parent company is saying.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Vista themselves said it and as the owner of all of those lines of manufacture "they" aren't out denying what their parent company is saying.
Where was this? I'm having a really hard time believing that a manufacturer other than Remington held back ammunition and primers! That's just bullshit!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Where was this? I'm having a really hard time believing that a manufacturer other than Remington held back ammunition and primers! That's just bullshit!
Look you know that I work for a supplier, I've shown relevant links from outside sources to back my side up. Where's yours?

·
Administrator
24,489 Posts
So, are you saying you don't count?
I think he's saying he doesn't believe the sources he already admitted to having seen already. The sources that don't support him are suddenly tin foil. You know like Vista's own executives. But them random ass podcast boys have it nailed!

·
Premium Member
35,758 Posts
All I know is...there are NO brands of ammo on the shelves, except super expensive odd sized cartridges, like some 6 mm, some 338, 358, or maybe some 7 or 8 mm Mauser for $50 a box. Nothing for pistols, except a rare box of PMC or something not made in America. Somehow, one place seems to have a few CCI quiet .22 bullets every few weeks, if I can beat the vultures they let me buy 2 boxes.

There are NO primers, very little powder, and very few reloading bullets, outside a once in a while shipment of Hornady, an even more rare bit of Speer, or the expensive Barnes.

So I tend to think it’s supply chain, and the jobbers, and NOT one of the brands holding back. If it were just one of the brands, why is everyone else not on the shelf?
I think its about who the intermediates are selling to, at what markup, and which contracts these super productive factories are fulfilling first.
Canada seems to have no shortage....but I don’t think they buy 5.56 ammo by the pallet up there, nor do they run a Dillon 24/7 cranking out 9 mm. So maybe include the possibility that some folks in the US are trying to buy it ALL...whether that’s private buyers or not, I leave that up to the tin foil brigade.

It’s not just one thing, folks. You guys are like the blind men trying to describe an elephant while only grabbing one part.
So how about admitting that maybe everyone has a leg to stand on, but not one of those things is the whole picture?

·
Premium Member
9,243 Posts
Ammunition seems to be available around here now. Not plentiful, but available. It is expensive. And 30-30 along with 280 are unobtanium.
Most of the more common calibers are available , ask and see if they have it, and dont hesitate or they are gone.

Last primers I saw were 27 cents a piece. I just could not stomach nearly $300 for 1000 primers. Maybe should of because they did not last the day.

Powder is available at one shop near work. . Like the cartridges, they come in sporadic and you have to make do with what's in stock.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Unfortunately, life happens and we don't always wind up where we want or have the ability to just pick up and go. I have a couple years until retirement (at the longest) and then things may change. Unfortunately a lot of the places I thought I might want to go to are starting to have the same problems!

I get it, that's how I wound up in MO.....The Old Lady.

Just saying, IF you can...Get Outta Dodge.

·
Super Moderator
28,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Big Green Is Back: Remington Ammo Plant Working 24/7
by American Rifleman Staff - Monday, April 12, 2021​

Remington Ammunition is back in operation, and its new president, Jason Vanderbrink, addresses consumers straight from the factory floor in his latest "Where's the Ammo?" video above.​
"Today, we're in our American manufacturing facility in Lonoke, Ark.," Vanderbrink said. "You'll see that Big Green is back and stronger than ever."​
Following Remington Outdoors' bankruptcy in 2020, Vista Outdoor, parent company of Federal Premium, purchased the Remington ammunition facility in Arkansas, along with most of Remington's trademarks. Immediately following the acquisition, Vista sent a number of experienced managers down to the Lonoke facility to get production back on track.​
The lack of consistent production at the Remington ammo plant is considered one of the elements in the perfect storm of supply chain issues that have plagued the ammo market through 2020 and into 2021.​
"You know what? I am sick and tired of not being able to find Remington ammunition on the shelves," he said. "We are fixing that. American manufacturing is about to roar, and Remington ammunition is back."​
Remington, one of the largest ammunition facilities in the United States, had difficulty obtaining the raw materials needed to fill its capacity. As a result, employees were laid off, machines were idled, all while domestic ammunition demand reached unprecedented heights. With Vista Outdoor's management, production is flowing.​
"Our workforce is doing fantastic, and our raw material suppliers have really come through, so now, Remington's going 24/7, and everyone will get to enjoy the quality ammunition that Lonoke, Ark. makes," Vanderbrink said.​
Now under competent management, the Remington plant has a bright future ahead, and consumers can take a look at what's rolling out from the factory at Remington Ammunition's new website. As production ramps up, Vanderbrink highlighted the primary focus of the plant's new management.​
"It took 205 years to build this brand, and we will never, ever sacrifice quality," he added.​
Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
Something a little different.
IMG_3252.jpg

Reactions: moona11

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've got some primers but, it seems everytime I see some brass and it's not loaded, I have to load it. But, can't find any primers anywhere. I think the primers are with hoarders and the rest must be in hell.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
I've got some primers but, it seems everytime I see some brass and it's not loaded, I have to load it. But, can't find any primers anywhere. I think the primers are with hoarders and the rest must be in hell.
Those damn hoarders. If it makes you feel better. I have alot of everything. And haven't bought anything in over 2 years

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
We are told this fund may hit $1 billion this year for the first time. Someone is buying this stuff. That said, I can't find any on the shelves here.

Maybe all the primers are needed to meet the cartridge demand.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts