Where are my 2nd Amendment rights?

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by MachoMelvin, Mar 1, 2016.

1. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have attended 4 gunshows in the past month. At all 4 shows I was asked to leave my gun outside. So, where was the "nra"? Oh, they were inside asking me for $$$. Why is it everybody yells & screams 2nd Amendment rights & then we drop our drawers at the gunshow. I may have just attended my last gun show?

2. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

I live in TN. Oddly, in my area, east TN, there used to be gun shows at either the Appalachian fairgrounds in Gray, or Meadowview convention center in Kingsport. Neither have had one in their usual timeframe, nor are any on the schedule in my NRA magazine. Don't know why. There was one at the Jericho Shriners last month, but the shows seem to be getting fewer, and further between.:confused::(

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

What on earth would possess you to attend a Gun Show in the first place? It certainly can't be the prices or product availability.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. In the vintage old days before the moniker "vintage" was attached to everything over a couple days old. One could find bargains at gun shows, I have not wasted my time going to one in years.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

This is also my experience as well.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. MachoMelvin

My brother wanted to go a few weeks ago & Dane & I met up for breakfast & went to the Tampa. Florida show on Saturday. There were a few deals there, if you actually looked. I seen a lot of guys buy cases of 223/5.56 ammo. You don't reckon they know something I don't?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  7. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I just go in concealed and pay and walk in. Once they asked me, I said yes, they asked me to clear it. I did, put the rnds in my pocket and walked in. Haven't been to one in a couple years though. Not since the days of "O".

8. MachoMelvin

Now they stand at the front door and hollar NO GUNS!

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Dood, That's the George SORROWS bunch, causing trouble :p

10. Gainestruk

Gainestruk Mike Member

I went to gun show in Shawnee Ok last month, when I walked up they ask if I had a loaded firearm and if so just unload it.

11. MachoMelvin

In a place that will accept your hard earned $$$ for the "nra", why should you have to enter unloaded? You can shop at other firearms businesses without unloading your weapon.

12. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    That is a good question. I don't think state statute requires it at a show. Maybe it is who is putting on the show rule? Shoot Straight puts on the Suncoast shows. I can get you a contact # if you want to ask someone?

Guns were allowed in after they were made 'safe' via the zip ties. :) Also all for sale were made 'safe' in the same manner.

13. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I'd also bet the convention hall had more than some say on the issue.... Most likely it's strictly a insurance issue.

14. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Any time I've gone to a Sun-coast gun show its strictly "NO LOADED FIREARMS" period.
    You expect trouble at a gun show Melvin?
    I think you'll have the time to grab a random gun and load it with ammo from the next table over.
    And I'm pretty sure the merchants are still carrying...

15. Parking lot of a gun show is a perfect place for an armed robbery. Something you liberals miss is that travel is part of carry. Loading, unloading around a crowd of people is something most intelligent gun owners consider unsafe.

My understanding is the merchants are not allowed to carry loaded either.

16. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Over a number of decades I have never been to any Gun Show that allowed loaded weapons inside. That includes Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Minnesota, and Nebraska.
    Some may have changed since, but dunno right now.

17. MachoMelvin

18. Its all insurance guys. The insurance man will only insure the show if they state there will be absolutely no loaded firearms.

So they put the signs up to appease them. Leave your CCW CC'D and you are fine. They aren't going to search you.

now if you plan on trying to trade with it, or something else unload it and go on in.

PS: The few times I went to a gun show I saw at least 4 people pull pistols out of there pockets asking how much they could get for it. I was hoping they followed the unloading rule. Gun shows are very crowded with no safe direction to point a gun but straight up, and with a pistol that generally puts your head too close for comfort. Unlike a regular gun store.

I however never took my CCW out, so I left it happily loaded and in my pants ;)

19. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    A majority of gun shows are held inside buildings owned by the City, or County etc, and it is they that require no loaded firearms, not the people who are putting on the gun show. It's a liability insurance issue. A few years ago 2 people where shot at a Bloomington IL gun show with a Ruger mini-14. Neither was seriously hurt, but it could have been a lot worse. No loaded firearms inside a gun show makes complete and total sense.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  20. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

You're unlikely to receive much agreement with that statement. I certainly don't. I believe that loaded CC firearms should be allowed. I believe that any firearms brought on property for the purpose of display, trade, or sale, should be verified unloaded.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk