Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find a C9 now for the past month at local shops, within 50 miles of me. No one has them or has any idea when they might get any in! Some shops tell me that they've had standing orders for 3 months now, but still have not gotten any in! I finally have some cash set aside for a C9, but now I can't find the gun! Talk about FRUSTRATING!!

I've resorted to trying to find one online or getting tips from others that have seen them at their local shops. I hate having to pay for shipping and FFL dealer charges, but if I can't find one locally, I'm going to just have to pay the extra fees. I tracked one shop down in AL that just sold their last 2 yesterday. If you know of a shop that has them in stock, please post their contact info.

I'm in the Rochester, NY area if there are any NY'ers here that might know of any locally.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Good luck...

I too am waiting...

waiting....

waiting....

I blame the economy, and the fear of gun regs being put in place by the current occupant of the W.H. (I don't think that'll happen but alot of people are concerned).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a NIB C9 at my local Police supply outlet,and they said that the hipoints were on back order for 2 months! Guess what? They called within the week and said my new C9 came in! Ahead of everyone elses. I guess im a preffered customer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just bought mine from Vance's shooter supply in columbus, OH. They had plenty in stock, you may want to give them a call and find out if they can ship one to your FFL. I bought mine for $129 and it came with a hard case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the heads up about Vances! I called, they have them in stock, BUT I ran into yet another problem!

I called the local FFL dealer and asked him what details I needed to have the C9 shipped to him from Vances. He said that because there are some STUPID laws here in NY, and it's not as easy to just have new handguns sent here from other states. He said that NY law requires new handguns being sent into NY MUST have a spent/used casing that was fired from the gun in the box that it is shipped in. It must be fired at a federal range (Cobra or something like that?) and the casing must be recorded, so it's not just as simple as having the out of state shop where I purchased it from to go out back and firing off a round at their range! What BS!!! He said that a lot of guys have new handguns sent to him that aren't aware of this law and that he can't turn the gun over to them when it does arrive. He said that the closest federal range (Cobra or something like that?) to fire the gun to get the spent casing and register it is ~120 miles away! Just wouldn't be worth it! ($$)

I guess I have no choice but to wait until I can find one here in good ole NY!! :mad: I just can't win!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you don't mind traveling try Seneca Gun Sports, just north of Watkins Glen. I just picked up a C9 and it sounded like they might be getting more. Their website has a list of inventory so keep on eye on it. You can also go to the hi-point site and look up NY dealers.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Mornin jakecj7,
Where on their site can I look up where they are bein sold at?

·
Registered
97 Posts
From what I hear Hi Point just can't keep up with the demand. Not a knock on HP at all, rather it shows how many people want them.
A local gun shop here said he has a 6 month back order for more (I got the last .45), but they seem to trickle in sooner than that a few at a time. He said that they are damn near sold as soon as they hit the display case.
It's any number of reasons...fear of bans/taxing firearms out of reach for most, poor economy causing more crime to just the every day run of the mill idiot bad guys getting more bold and brazen in their crimes.
People are wanting affordable reliable protection and HP is filling that gap very well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jakecj7 - Thanks for the tip about Seneca Gun Sports. They're all out also and don't know when they may get any more in. The good thing is, the shop isn't all that far from me, so I'll be checking in with them every now and then.

G

·
I've been trying to find a C9 now for the past month at local shops, within 50 miles of me. No one has them or has any idea when they might get any in! Some shops tell me that they've had standing orders for 3 months now, ...
same issue with me. im out in southern utah and have called all around the state and ended up finding two c9's at a pawn shop for real cheap. Heres a question for someone. One of the two i got is newer you can tell but the other looks a lot older and has like a metal grip instead of that caron plasticy lookin stuff...whats up with that.

and im sorry bout your luck.
best wishes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.