Where are the Saiga 12's??

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Jettster, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Jettster

Jettster Member

I've been looking but there doesn't seem to be any in my (Baltimore) area. Talked to a few dealers and they said they are having a hard time getting them, and when they do, they're out the door the same day. Any ideas? I want one, but don't want to spend $1200, unless it's a Tromix.

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Ask the gun shop if he has his signed FFL sent to any online gun auctions, and much his transfer fees are. If it's at a good price on an auction site, you will come out ahead in the end. OR break even at least.

3. Check here, http://forum.saiga-12.com they always post there when someone finds some for sale but you have to be fast.

Like strangerous said, get a dealer that is willing to FFL one in for you. My FFL does it for $20. Right now thats cheaper than driving around looking for one.

Check gunbroker and the other gun auctions, $500 or a tad more (not counting shipping and FFL fees) is a fair price for a NIB S12 right now IMO.

A guy I know travels for work, and was at a little gun shop and they had 2 for sale.

Hope you find one, I have not quit smiling since I got mine. :)

4. From what I've seen between 800-1000 make it to the US every 2-3 months. I've been wanting one for a while but they sell crazy fast. Last time I looked around 900 were supposed to hit this month.

5. Ari

Ari Guest

They are all in waltham41's gun safe :wink:

6. I wish Ari, I could only afford one, I do know one fellow that has like 6 of them though.

It hasnt been that many years ago they were getting them for a couple hundred bucks a pop!

7. Ari

Ari Guest

Ya it does not take long for the prices to go up. Remember the $75 SKS and 1000 rounds of ammo?

8. I was thinking about getting one once, before I really even knew what it was. All I knew was it was a semi auto shotgun, and they wanted 300 for it. Now I wish I would have gotten it.

9. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

my local long gun dealer has about 20 of the 12's in stock and at least that many of all other saiga products, I have a 7.62x39 on layaway with them and their prices are at the very least competitive if not cheaper than most others i've seen

10. Jettster

Jettster Member

Can you get me their info? My local will do the FFL for $25, and I want to find out how much they are and if they will ship to my guy. Any help is appreciated.

11. There seems to be a few here Some are crazy expensive though. But if you watch them operate on youtube it seems they are worth the money!

12. If he will ship post the info over at the saiga-12 forum or post it here and one of us will post it over there and if he is decent on his prices they will sell.

Ari I know what you mean. I have been idly looking around for AK ammo and its about twice what it was last time I bought it. :shock:

13. Jettster

Jettster Member

The one place listing them on Gun Broker is an internet company based in MD, where I live. Maybe they'll sell me one outright instead of in an auction... I'll e-mail.

14. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

http://www.firepowernc.com/page2.html

this is the link to their matthews, nc store right outside of charlotte. this is their main location and they are great people..... notice the hp carbines behind the guy in the bottom left pic, they are not snobs at all

15. I will pass the info along, thanks!

16. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

always glad to help out

17. A guy at the saiga forum already replied to my post and said he talked to the person that bought the last one they had in stock, and he called last week to confirm that they were indeed out.

They don't last long when someone has them.

18. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

that's wierd, just saw them on the shelfs saturday afternoon, oh well i'm sure centerfire still has them

19. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest