Where does One go for the best Moisin-Nagant rifle deals?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Rerun, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

A friend of mine is graduating from TAMU in Galveston, Texas this coming Saturday.

Where is the best place to find a Moisin-Nagant rifle?

Whom on this website has the best information concerning Moisin-Nagant rifles?

eldar

2. Tribes

Tribes Supporting Member

AZ

3. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

4. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

They run sales every so often for "b-grade" rifles for $99

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Yup. I get their emails, they always have good deals

6. Back2School

Back2School Member

One thing I will add, though its outside of your question. Be cautious if you buy the mil-surp ammo. Its not bad stuff, but if you are going to a commercial range, they may not allow it. I bought 880 rounds figuring it would last me awhile and none of the places I shoot at (even the outdoor ranges in MO) allow me to shoot it.

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Then you were right. It will last you quite awhile. Unless you wanna sell it?

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The Cabelas in Lehi Utah had 12 war year Mosins for $135 this weekend. Cheapest I'd seen in a while, they were always $50 more than anyone else. Meanwhile the place that used to be the cheapest in my AO is charging $175, with 1 hex being $195.

Never say never.;)

9. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

I have been to three State run outdoor ranges in MO, and have yet to see a State employee.

Run what you brung!

10. Johnny_B_Goode

Johnny_B_Goode Member

You need a DeLorean first, so you can go back in time about 5 years. Every gun shop in town had cases of Mosin Nagant rifles for your browsing pleasure. I went through several cases of rifles before I found something besides scrap metal. Almost all of the Mosin Nagants will go bang but so will fireworks and fireworks are much cheaper.

11. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

What about Pawn Shops?

eldar

12. Kiln

Kiln Member

There are no good deals on guns to be found at either of the first two places you mentioned.

13. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Cabela's currently has the stinking commie rifle on sale for $139.99. :p

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

$140 is not a bad price but check the gun out real good and wear gloves the grease is everywhere but you should take it apart and look at it before you buy. 1943 and up may not have been used. I got 2 that where like new. Then I stripped them down and restrained them. Once again sorry All for doing it.

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Why? Were they trying to escape?

16. moona11

So I can blame spell check or just let it stay as is. Let it stay I say :)

17. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Hmmm...I got these all at Cabelas.

S&W 22A, 5.5" barrel, two mags and box, $189.
    Savage 99 in .300 Savage, with old weaver scope, under $500.
    Mossberg 151M, with all sights including S130 peep and the front hood...$150.
    Used AR-7, $119
    Heritage Rough Rider Camo grip, with both cylinders, $169.

I must disagree. They often suck, a LOT. But there are deals, and sales, that are pretty good.

19. Back2School

Back2School Member

I go to Parma Woods. They are incredibly draconian (Ie no more than 1 shot per every 2-3 seconds) and they have range officers in the control room and walking the line. They even get their nose out of joint when a slide is not locked open while the weapon its on the shelf in a roped off lane during cease fires. They literally check every lane and hold everyone up in the event a single slide is not locked open on a weapon no one can access - but they are safe. As soon as you say Mosin, they demand to check the ammo with a magnet - if it sticks, its a no go.

20. moona11

That's why I want a C&R license so I can shop around for old stuff without having to deal with a middle man to charge extra.