Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 rounds mags from the older model. every where online ive found is showing them out of stock. the spring in mine is worn down and doesnt have enough tension to push the bullets into the chamber. i gotta shake it in, pull the slide back after ive fired and shake in the next one. bad news considering its my home defense gun...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill call them tomorrow, but it says in the literature I got with the gun to send in the gun with a photo copy of the sales receipt. Would I hav to send the whole gun or can I just send the mag in?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will.

Secondly, has anyone ever pulled the end cap of the mag and stretched the spring back out to fix this issue if they have had it? A buddy of mine said he has done, and seen it done, a few times on several different guns.

Or is there such thing as a replacement spring I havent found yet?

If you cant tell, I am trying to not have my gun out of my possession for any time period.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
When our mags screw up, we send them and, and we get new ones. They have a no questions asked warranty. No receipt, and no Bs. give em a call, and they may just send you a new spring.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Yeah they fix em up. I have bought a second clip* but that is for the newer JHP and my LGS just happened to have one for the same as getting it from Hi Point and I had the cash (those were the days). Your older style may be hard to come buy but Hi Point should fix ya up

* doing my part to PO a mag nazi since June '09

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
just curious, does a 1911 mag (er, CLIP, ha) modify to fit the older models as easy as it does the new?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
It's usually not a good idea to stretch out old mag springs. This actually fatigues the metal in the spring and makes it weaker and fail sooner.

You can contact Haskell Mfg and they can fix you up.

P.S. I like the old models better. They are heavier but feel more solid and better balanced. I don't mind the mag release on the bottom either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, ill call hi point then. maybe some one will have on forsale in the section when i get that far. i just really didnt want to not have my gun. er, well id still have it but it wont do me any good with no mag. is their turn around time pretty quick? i only live like an hour away, any one know if i can go there and drop it off?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Turnaroun including shipping from mo when i sent my c0 comp in was 1 week total. Hp still sells those magazines, and you should only have to send in the mag.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
do they have a site with a normal style store that actually shows me what they have instead of having to call. i hate to talk to people on the phone, plus i want to see what i am buying so i know its correct

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.