Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking up ar15's and kits, and there's like 20 different manufactures ! I'm not looking for a high end high dollar on, but I don't want a cheap POC either. I've seen some DPMS models on gunbroker for about 850.00. It's in the price range i'm looking at. Plan on going to a gun show this saturday, so want to know which brands to avoid :cantlook:

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
Bushmaster,DPMS, and the Remington are all made by the same parent company and are all good quality.
And at that price point you really can't go wrong!

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
only ones i would really avoid or have someone look over are vulcan/hesse builds. make sure the upper will headspace as they use questionable surplus parts in their builds. stick with the big names and you'll be ok. colt, bushmaster, dpms, s&w, spikes...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have a DPMS and I love it. You can't go wrong with a DPMS, solid, reliable and decently priced.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Cerberus? Isn't that the company that owns Chrysler/Dodge?

I agree about Vulcan/Hesse, stay away from ANYTHING that has the Vulcan Hesse name on it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Cerburus bought them out Dec. of '07, but the same guy Mr. Luth is still President. Business as usual I guess.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info, looks like DPMS is what i'll get. Hopefully find one at the gun show this weekend, if not i'll hit gunbroker.

Has anyone tried one of the 22lr bolt kits for thier AR ?

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
OK could some one smarter than me look up Cerberus and tell me what this giant holding, Bushmaster, DPMS, Cobb manufacturing, Marlin, and Remington means to us. Looks like this is headed toward DOD contracts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts