Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon to purchase a Hi-Point (I totally bamboozled my wife). I am thinking of the .40 or the .45. I don't really know much about the two. Which do you prefer? I am looking towards the lighter more comfortable of the two.......so hit up a noob with some suggestions!!! :D

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:welcome:

I perfer my JHP 45

Lots to see, do and learn around here and plenty of folks to answear all your hipoint questions. Enjoy :shifty: :thinking: :yes:
But remember

Hipoint the addiction for which there is no cure :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Jet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks dude, Is the .45 pretty light compared to oter .45's? I am not worried to much about kick because I have shot my fathers .50 DE hundreds of times. I am looking for some thing comfortable to handle. I appreciate your input

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I don't have a 40 but do have the C9 9mm and JHP45. I much prefer the 45. The JHP is much larger and heavier but I've found that I'm more accurate with it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Awesome thanks dude, Is the .45 pretty light compared to oter .45's? I am not worried to much about kick because I have shot my fathers .50 DE hundreds of times. I am looking for some thing comfortable to handle. I appreciate your input
the JHP 45 is a bit heavier then other 45's but I like that it help absorb the recoil IMHO

Jet

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I've never shot a .40, but it looks and feels like my .45, so I'll suggest you go your local gun shop & retailers to see what ammo prices are, compare. THEN, go on ebay & such, see what reloading equipment & such is available for both rounds...

my point is, you'll be hooked, addicted, but ammo prices are sky-high & many dealers can barely keep inventory... thus demand will drive it higher... CONSIDER reloading. I can pick up empty .45 shells nearly any time I'm shooting, but .40s are not as common. Reloading supplies, once you find them are a good deal all things considered. Even if u BUY your bullets $10/box is better than $20+, mold your own & the price drops through the floor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well since I am jewish and I am "coin-operated" I imagine I am going for the 9mm....cheaper the better since I am going to use it it like a rented mule 8) Thanks fer the feed back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.