Which optics?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by sarahsmom, Aug 13, 2015.

1. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Now that my 995ts is on its way, I am wondering what kind of optics to get. Have read other threads dealing with optics, and they mainly left me with more questions. I want an optic that will let me have irons (not necessarily co-witness), and will be good out to at least 100 yrds, and that will fit on the factory rail (which according to the other thread is more weaver than pic), AND under $50 yet better than MoM's. Ok, ready, get set, go! :what: :)

P.S. Something durable and waterproof, too. :D

2. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

How good is Your eyesight?

If it is 20/20 or better, iron sights should be good enough.

Wear corrective lenses for distance? A scope might be a good thing.

For nearness? Then an Aimpoint might be nice.

Home defense weapon? Laser sighting might fill Your need.

Give some thought to Your wants and needs.

Helpful eldar

3. sarahsmom

I wear bifocles! :confused:
    And I want it to be able to use for home defense or the indoor range, or 75-100 yrds. :confused::confused: :what:

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

CentrePoint reflex sight. 45 degree offset irons.

5. sarahsmom

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  7. sarahsmom

That looks awesome, Rob! Thanks for the info!

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

That's a scope i have a very similar one on my 995 carbine. Below is what I've used on my 4595ts for over 6000 rounds now without issue:
    http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Cente..._4_Red_Green_Reticles_1_MOA_Weaver_Mount/4470

As for 45 degree offset irons, im using a pair of 40 dollar Ebay units that have never let me down. Ive taken coyotes at 75+ yards with both reflex and irons.

9. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Well, a friend of mine has this on his CT9:

http://www.amazon.com/CenterPoint-S...5359&sr=1-5&keywords=reflex+sight+centerpoint

He likes it and it has held up just fine.

I have an NC Star 2-7x32 on my 4095TS, its been fine for me. I'm in your boat, bifocals, the 7x really helps at 100yds. I usually leave it at 2 for 50 yds and under. It runs about $58 ish, so a little over your price point.

I just got one of these to try on it though:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_30mm_Red_Dot_GEN_II_p/pa30mmrdgenii.htm

Great reviews but a little higher than you wanted @ $69.00. Build quality wise, its put together like a much more expensive scope.

As for the 45 deg offset sights, I mounted these on my 4095. I did get the full rail from longshot mfg for the carbine though. They work well enough, no trouble seeing distance but the irons do tend to get "blurry" with my damn old eyes...

http://www.amazon.com/Ade-Advanced-...e=UTF8&qid=1439525492&sr=1-1&keywords=45+buis

I know my absolute favorite red dot is the Bushnell AR optic I got with T reticle. I got it for 69.00 from PSA when it was on sale. Cant touch em for under $130 normally. It sits on my NPAP and never comes off!

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

Those are pretty much the same 45 offsets i use. No name, but still nicely made, fully adjustable front and rear.

Attached Files:

11. Check my post on Page 3 of "Irons and reflex red dot". Very satisfied!

It won't meet your price target though--about $80 for Bushnell TRS-25 + $20 for two risers. (TRS-25 is a very good quality Aimpoint clone and a definite cut above entry level optics.)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  12. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Yup, they do their job. Nothing Fancy an like you said fully adjustable.

13. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I like the flipup versions. More out of the way when not using.

14. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    How about a 3-9x42 mil dot with red laser?
    [​IMG]

15. sarahsmom

Got a link for that, Dane?
    I think I know what I'm gonna order, but can't hurt to look!

16. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    This one was seen on the CDNN Sports site, $50. Here is the LINK

17. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    And 45 deg flip irons for around $20
    [​IMG]

18. undeRGRound

INDY
    Yup. I got some coming from Amazon with the MONSTRUM

Moles like saying MONSTRUM!!!

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    But mine are fixed. Did not want a flip-up when it is always out of the way,
    unless I turn he rifle to avoid the scope. It will be on my midrange AR setup...
    CQB is set up for co-witness of red dot and irons. It has "absolute" co-witness,
    which is hard to achieve. Sightmark Reflex Sight, and MagPul rear flippers!
    AR front post sight. M4 carbine barrel standard sight.

20. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I have Ten of those. I learned the first time out that when you get them put a little loctite on the release button screw it works it self lose. Unscrew it and add a little bit of loctite on it and screw it back in. There's a spring in it so be care full taking it apart. Want to guess how I know both. :-(