White House Finalizing Plan to Take Gun Control Action Using Executive Authority

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by 1024Megabytes, Dec 10, 2015.

1. White House adviser Valerie Jarrett says the president has asked his team to complete a proposal and submit it for his review “in short order.” She says the recommendations will include measures to expand background checks.
    WASHINGTON (TheBlaze) — President Barack Obama’s advisers are finalizing a proposal that would expand background checks on gun sales without congressional approval.

Jarrett spoke Wednesday night at a vigil for the victims of the Newtown shooting, according to a summary provided by the White House.

After the mass shooting in Roseburg, Oregon, Obama said his team was looking for ways to tighten gun laws without a vote in Congress. White House officials have said they’re exploring closing the so-called “gun show loophole” that anti-gun advocates claim allows people to buy weapons at gun shows and online without a background check.

The move comes following the deadly terrorist attack in San Bernardino, California, that left 14 people dead. All of the guns used in the massacre were purchased legally. Opponents of new gun control regulations have argued that the proposals being pushed by Obama would not have prevented the tragedy or recent mass shootings.

The Washington Post’s Glenn Kessler concluded that Marco Rubio’s claim that gun control wouldn’t have prevented the mass shootings that have occurred in “last few months or years” is accurate.

“Rubio’s statement stands up to scrutiny — at least for the recent past, as he framed it. Notably, three of the mass shootings took place in California, which already has strong gun laws including a ban on certain weapons and high-capacity magazines,” Kessler wrote.

The Obama administration has maintained that strengthening background checks, banning semi-automatic rifles deemed “assault rifles” and revoking the Second Amendment rights of people on the “no-fly” list could prevent dangerous people from getting guns.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ing-executive-authority-valerie-jarrett-says/

2. I am so tired of this little tyrant. Obama thinks because he has a phone and pen he can do what ever he wants. Contact your Congress representative about this. The President has no authority to create law!

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Meh...I guess if you want a revolution on your record as a President, you can go this route.

I don't see it working out like he thinks, I'd bet money this is just a feint to judge reactions. If enough people stand up and say something, he'll have to back out of it.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    As far as I'm concerned, he can take his Pen AND his Phone,
    and Shove them UP His A$$!

Attached Files:

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I sure as hell ain't taking anyone's guns. Nor is anyone else I know. Good luck douch bag ball licker.

6. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

VJ. What a scumbag she is. Perfect mate for retard"O". :foilhat:

7. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Didn't somebody just recently call him a pu$$y on live tv? :rofl:

8. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Sounds like some thing Trump would call him. :rofl:

9. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

This dude is getting ridiculous. Those"online loophole" is BS. You still have to pass a background check when you pick it up. Unless you're a dealer and then the issue is still moot because of the bound book and the background check you have to get as a dealer. I've also filled out the background check form at gun shows. I honestly cannot wait until this jerk hole is GONE. I just hope the damage he's done can be reversed.

10. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

It was LTC (RET) Ralph Peters.

11. moona11

I have to change this. I will take Moles guns. ;-)

12. OldOutlaw

Good idea. Get his and yours together. Then I will head NW and grab all of them for myself. :D :rofl:

13. moona11

You want a piece of this old man? :p

14. OldOutlaw

Yea! What ya gonna do about that Mr. Mole Hunter? :rofl:

Oh, but I have to agree you are getting old! :D

15. moona11

I feel old after kicking a bunch of young pups today

16. OldOutlaw

Ahh, nothing like a daily exercise.:)

17. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfzSlldIUHQ[/ame]

18. undeRGRound

INDY
  19. undeRGRound

INDY
    Fixed It For You ;)

20. moona11

Easy call NSA and report Mole as a terrorist. Follow them in to get Mole. As he pees himself walk out with his guns. Tell him his queen thanks him and dats it :p