Who carries their C9?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by xtremeweather, Feb 2, 2016.

1. xtremeweather

xtremeweather Member

So.. wanted to see if any of you guys carry your C9 on a regular basis? Curious on thoughts. I'm not naive, I understand there are much better firearms to carry but I certainly would not mind carrying mine from time to time. Need to invest in the holsters hence my curiosity.

2. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I carried mine for about 2 1/2 years.

I used an Alien Gear holster

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I carry mine from time to time. Use a bulldog holster.

4. bayoukeith84

bayoukeith84 Member

"lil" Foxx Holster with a C9 or 380 is easy to carry and very comfortable!

5. colthrash

colthrash Member

it is my goto brush gun, boat gun, or quad gun...

6. SirLucious15

SirLucious15 Member

Bulldog is money for the C9...on another note...don't know why everyone sh!ts n carrying a HP or where that idea even originated from...guess everyone is too worried about what other people think and less worried about the practicallities...we carry firearms for protection meaning if we ever pulled it and used it it's going to end up evidence in the courts no matter what...common sense tells me that I'd rather let the law have $150 bucks than $550 all day long! Besides...I don't plan on ever doing any military's maneuvers or sniping people out in the open so no need for a high end carry piece here! My 2 cents for what it's worth!

7. reliability is key. I have carried mine for 5 years. And now I am looking at a JHP, and my wife will get the 9

HPD855 and 304tothecore like this.
  8. My go to hiking/trail pistol.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Not sure why anyone worries about whether their gun will be confiscated by the police if used in SD.

I only have 4 or 5 guns that I consider carry guns, so I can swap in another in a few minutes. Besides, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get mine back.

In fact, if used in my AO, I really doubt they'd keep it longer than a few days.
    But then, I go to church with the ex-Sheriff, 4 deputies, a retired State Trooper chief, 2 C.O.s, and a circuit court judge.:p

The ONLY reasons I don't carry my C9 is, I have lighter guns with better safeties, or more capacity, or in a smaller pocket size.;)

10. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I guess they are kind of high dollar. I paid just over $10 new for mine.:eek:

As to getting your firearm back after a social situation, the main thing to me is I'm around to buy another. I don't think it would be gone long, if at all here. If it's a clean shoot, our laws protect from civil or criminal charges.

11. ChildeRoland

ChildeRoland Member

I carried mine in an alien gear for a year and I'll openly admit it's uncomfortable as hell compared to an actual compact 9mm. If it's all you have, carry it. You'll get by and get used to it, but I now carry a Taurus 709, which is only $100 more than a hi-point, and the difference is night and day. Still love my hi-point, but I'll never put that thing in a holster again. It's like carrying a brick and I'm a big dude. Not to mention, it prints like a mofo. I just got new grips for mine so now it's purdy.

12. i carry my c-9 or hp 45 at work. depends on the mood.

13. hoodcanaldr

hoodcanaldr Member

I have an old nylon holster, magazine carrier and flashlight on an old belt for emergency use of my C9. Otherwise I have a 380 pocket pistol if I want to carry.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I have an old 1990 F-250, long bed extended cab, no AC, manual tranny, 15 mpg, cassette players broke...

Carrying a C9 because you don't want your "good gun" taken in case of an SD usage, is like taking my Ford to the city in July, because I'm afraid to take my nice new 4 door truck with all the accessories, since I might have an accident, and lose my nice truck for a few weeks.

I just don't get it.:)

Rufus Nathaniel REDD likes this.
  15. Richard58

Richard58 Member

Is the hi point drop safe...?

16. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman Supporting Member

Pretty sure.

Welcome :D

17. rkcoker

rkcoker Lifetime Supporter

Yep. I enjoy carrying mine in a Fobus polymer holster, it's amazing how easily it comes out and goes back in.

18. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

I'm in 100% agreeance with you. It's 100% that you're gonna lose the pistol into the evidence locker. IF youre lucky, you'll get it back AFTER the case is decided.

I use to work in KCMO, we had guns in the evidence locker from the 1800s. My Father In Law used to work for Johnson County (MO) Sheriffs Dept and they NEVER give guns back.

I'd presume that anything taken after a shooting, you'll never see again.:(

19. Dave4903

Dave4903 My other car is a M60A3 Supporting Member

A c9 is not really that big or heavy when you hear about people who cc a Beretta Px4 or 92, CZ 75 etc. At 29 oz, 1.45 in wide and only about 6.5 inches long, the c9 is certainly smaller and lighter than a lot of guns that people conceal carry.

20. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    That "shake, rattle and roll" that you hear with an HP is the drop safety, and the mag safety, iirc.