Who else here is "NOT" on FaceBook?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dagwood, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I feel like my wife and I are some of the only few people left on the planet that are not on Facebook.
    Just checking with my brothers and sisters here to see if my thoughts are true, or are there more holdouts than I think.
    My fear is that people that I may not want to make contact with will be able to find me on Facebook and that doesn't seem cool.
    I don't know. Thoughts?

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I'm not on it. Was for awhile but got sick of looking at pic of what some retard ate for every meal.

3. slade601

slade601 Member

I didn't have one until about two or three years ago. All the other things though, Instagram, snapchat, Twitter, etc.. No. How many social media apps do I need to talk to the same people!?

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I use hpff if I want to visit. Or annoy someone other then E.

5. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

One thing I like about FB is finding out that people I knew years ago are doing ok. I also found out some bad news about some. Anyone ever wonder what ever hapened to so and so? Sometimes they pop up and are doing ok and that's good to see.

6. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

We do not, nor will we.

You just gave an excellent reason not too! Folks have had that problem a number of times. Some of my Wife's Sunday school women all joined the same time. They wanted to send relatives and friends video from their web cams.
    Well, two of them had a bug planted in their machines from some facebook member. It took over their camera when it wanted to. They were caught in some very risque
    state of dress a time or two. They would never have known this except one noticed their camera turning on and off by itself at times. She took it to a local Computer shop owned by a Church Deacon. He was able to track and find exactly when and the IP of the sender. A guy they never knew. Just someone whom had contacted them.

7. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

My wife and I are 50. She is not on FB and I check my account like twice a year. While I don't refer to people as retards I too don't care about seeing a picture of your oatmeal or seeing your dog taking a deuce in the backyard. I have been able to reconnect with a lot of folks from my military days. Like anything it has it's +'s and -'s.

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

FB does have differing levels of security for your profile.
    And one does not have to accept friend requests, and messages are just like emails, you gotta know whether or not to click some random link someone sends you

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Finally got on FB for work contacts, but it's no big plus...
    :eek:

10. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

I signed up on facebook years ago to see if I could track down some old school buddies. I have never posted one thing on it, just used it to search.

11. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Nope don't do any socal media, except forums. Waste of time.

12. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    No FB here and no need for it. We have kids and grandkids on FB, that's enough. They keep us updated and informed if asked.

13. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Cool!!! I thought we were squares or something. Hpff is the only thing i do to stay up on things. This is my social media

14. ekim

ekim Member

Not even maybe. I've even cut down my posting on the few forums I go to, as it is getting harder to stay up with those ant more.

15. i had one till about 8 months ago. more trouble and drama than its worth.

16. I got tired of all the Ho Ho Hoes messaging me when I joined the service. It was bad for my relationship and I only got 15 happy birthday while I was in basic training!?!? 15!!!! I was like screw this sight lol I have Instagram and Twitter and get to look at pictures of guns and cute cats and skate boarding clips and could not be happier :)

17. No FB for me. I'm on the anti-social network and proud of it.

18. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    No Facebook for me. I have been out of high school for over 20 years now, and I do not need the return to the drama.

19. Your not alone... I don't have, nor will I ever have a FB account. My REAL friends have more than enough way's of staying in touch with me. As far as everyone else goes? I don't care about your kid's, or how you feel, or pictures of what you just ate, or all the other BS.

Forums like this are as close as I get to any kind of social media. I don't trust FB and consider it to be a huge compromise of personal information. I understand people can find it useful and entertaining, but for me the risk far out weighs any reward's.

My wife is addicted to FB and I've made it clear that there are never to be any pictures, mention, or reference of me, or my family on her FB account. I understand that I'm missing out on all of the GOOD thing's there may be with FB, but in my mind its not worth it.

Big Brother is always watching!
    :foilhat:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015