Who has converted their CF380....

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by greg_r, Sep 7, 2015.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

....to 9 mm. I am going to convert mine. This CF380 has been trouble free. My concern is it appears to me the C9 is the most problem prone.

I have searched and read posts here about doing the conversion, but not too much about after the conversions. Who has done it? Who is happy with the conversion? Who changed it back?

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

For a few bucks more than the conversion pieces are going to cost, why not just buy a new c9?

Youre talking 60-70 bucks in parts, or $130-150 for an entire, new, functional gun.

3. greg_r

Bought a slide, barrel, and recoil spring for $45.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Since the majority of C-9 problems are mag related and your mags are tuned for .380, enjoy your problematic C-9. At least till you get it sorted out.

5. greg_r

That's kind of what I was wondering. FWIW, if the magazines are tuned, they were from the factory. I've never done anything but load them and fire them.

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yea I know. That's a bit of the problem with the C-9. They use the same mags for both but they seem to be more tuned for the .380 from the factory. Hence so many feed complaints about the C-9 and so few about the CF-380.

7. I am going to do it eventually, like my post last week said.
    $50 or $150? easy decision for me. And if its a jammo-matic I really dont care. Its not a primary gun for me. I just want a pistol in 9mm. And i dont have one.

If i was going to buy a new gun, I would buy the Taurus PT111 for $200

8. I don't think it is so much of the magazine design as the different shape of the brass. It is not uncommon for more expensive 9mm firearms to have feeding issues.

9. greg_r

Problem is, I do carry mine daily. It is my car gun and it got that designation for two reasons, cost and reliably. I hope it is just as reliable as a 9mm.

I have decided to consolidate, and chose 9mm because I can not shoot 380 in competition.

My SCCY will be my EDC, but I will probably buy a Kahr also.

10. I say do it, But if you decide not to I will take the parts off your hands :p

If the magazines are still factory tuned, then buying a whole new C9 will have the same magazine issues. IF you have them at all. and what happens if it jams? You stick the .380 parts back in and sell the 9mm on ebay.

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Get the Taurus they have $50 rebate right now.

12. I checked that out, KYgunco.com who always had it on sale for $199 now says
    $199 with $50 mail in rebate. So you have to pay them $250 first. same price :rofl:

13. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

I converted my .380 to a 9mm. I picked up parts on ebay. I just wanted to try it. The 9mm is cheaper to get anyhow. Yeppers, I think I'm out total, the pistol (used) and the ebay parts..120.00. Now I have two pistols, kinda

14. missiledefender

I didnt have to tune any of the mags, they all work like champs

15. greg_r

This is what I wanted to hear. Hope mine works as well as yours.

16. missiledefender

Its really easy, just knocking out the barrel retainer pins. The .380 and 9mm use the same mags too. Its pretty cool too. I now have a pistol that can shoot either bullet. Ive meant to get a how to together, there's onw on youtube though.