Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have shot people and things with paintballs and a slingshot. I don't think that counts though, they weren't expecting it. :devilsidesmile: It's the most covert way to tag your friend without him hearing it coming.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have shot people and things with paintballs and a slingshot. I don't think that counts though, they weren't expecting it. :devilsidesmile: It's the most covert way to tag your friend without him hearing it coming.
you wanna talk about covert, we have played sling shot paintball at night. a ball goes whizzing past your head and you have no idea where it came from. good times.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Back in the day, I used a Crossman slingshot for paintball. I normally carried a PMI marker, but I always carried the slingshot as a backup in case I had a ball break in the barrel, etc. Often, I would use the slingshot to make shots because it was very quiet. And I have to admit, it was really cool to see the expressions when the guys toting around full auto guns found out that the guy who just handed their @$$ to them was using a slingshot :D

·
Registered
850 Posts
The only reason I ever used paintballs with my slingshot was to cause some sort of shenanigans when I was in high school. We would use them to paintball someones car. The paint would wash off easy enough. Or at least it did when we tested it on my car.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I own several sling shots, including some souped-up "wrist rocket" versions...LOL, that slang term came from back in my dad's day and age (1970's)...shows how much past culture influences successive generations...

Anyway, I have shot these many times for target practice, but I've never been able (so far) to take any small game animals with one. If I ever do manage to take a hare/squirrel, etc., with one, I'm SO posting pics here on this thread!!!

I also like the fact that you can use any dense, hard projectile (including fired bullets from firearms) as ammunition for slingshots/slings...I might have to build a sling and post some info on it for everyone (one of the threads about parachute cord projects in the Survival board gave me that idea...).

Later!

Jag 8)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I put a paintball in my slingshot to get the dogs out of my back yard. I don't kill them, just scare the heck out of them. The funny thing is...couple days later, they are still back there in my yard. These are some big dogs. They crap in my yard and when I get ready to cut the grass...I step in that big ole dog poop. Makes me so mad. And the smell!!!! EWWWW!!!

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put a paintball in my slingshot to get the dogs out of my back yard. I don't kill them, just scare the heck out of them. The funny thing is...couple days later, they are still back there in my yard. These are some big dogs. They crap in my yard and when I get ready to cut the grass...I step in that big ole dog poop. Makes me so mad. And the smell!!!! EWWWW!!!
not that i condone the shooting of animals, but how is your accuracy. How did you get better at it? I never had anyone really teach me how to aim a sling shot.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I always found that using a sling-shot was very intuitive... once I got the feel for the weapon, it was easy to hit what I was aiming at. In fact, it wasn't like aiming at all, just kind of intuiting where the projectile was going to go. Hard to explain.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I always found that using a sling-shot was very intuitive... once I got the feel for the weapon, it was easy to hit what I was aiming at. In fact, it wasn't like aiming at all, just kind of intuiting where the projectile was going to go. Hard to explain.
i get you, usually it takes me a couple of shots to get that feel. but yeah, thats pretty much how i aim the sucker

·
Registered
52 Posts
I never thought of shooting paintballs out of my slingshot. Next stop, Wally world to buy me some paint balls Mwah hah ah ah ah... :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i have a wrist rocket still. back in the olden days, i would walk the railroad tracks and shoot squirrels, birds, et al. was a pretty good shot back then. i got it now to take care of the neighbors dogs, not too hurt them..i have 3, but they constantly bark, drives me crazy!

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Me and a friend were hunting each other with paintball guns and at the end we both had just ONE ball left each. How that happened, I dunno. So we had a duel. I shot first and missed and was chased around the woods for about 10 mins with a paintball gun
oh i've been there :yes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.