Who's buying up gun manufacturers?

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by PeterCook, Mar 15, 2015.

1. PeterCook

PeterCook Member

Just read this on James Mccanneys science page. Maybe time to stock up. This news should be spread far and wide.

March 10, 2015 posting ... MARLIN FIREARMS IS CLOSING ITS DOORS Even if you do not own a gun you need to know this.
    This was checked on "Truth or Fiction" who verified it. They can be trusted more than Snopes. Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors! They are doing it to us, America! All gun owners and sportsmen/women need to see this. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these types of happenings. Something you may not know that Is happening! Who is buying the companies manufacturing guns??? For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States. If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians.
    What a perfect way to control guns. Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS, Obama's chief financier!! He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns. Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news.
    (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance - Flo). If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some research. This One-World Government atheist backed Obama with millions of dollars and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros.

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

If this is true, this is bad. Really bad.

It's a scary world we're living in today. That's why I have bought over 20 guns over the last year.

I wish I would have been paying attention years ago. I should've been stock piling ammo!

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

You, literally, can't be a multibillionaire without having investments in EVERYTHING.

Name an industry and Soros has investments there.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

4. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    George Soros does not own Cerebus. That story went around years ago.

Many of Freedom groups subsidaries are "closing their doors" (like DPMS) and moving to a new large facility where all of them will be under one roof.

Marlin is just one of them.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Actually, it has been time to stock up, for years.;)

6. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    Additional info on the bogus post....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus_Capital_Management

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2014/02/19/gun-makers-find-greener-pastures-down-south/

And from the NRA:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20120720/rumor-control

An old rumor has once again resurfaced alleging that Cerberus--the private equity firm that owns Freedom group, a holding company that in turn owns a number of firearms manufacturers, including Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, and DPMS--is in some way tied to George Soros.
    This rumor is completely false and baseless.
    Following is a statement from Freedom Group, Inc., addressing the rumor:
    Despite rumors to the contrary, Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., the firm which owns Freedom Group. Inc. (FGI), the holding company for such firearms manufacturers as Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster and DPMS, is in NO WAY affiliated with anti-gun activist George Soros.
    George Soros has never been a part of Freedom Group or Cerberus. Further, as Cerberus is a privately owned corporation, run by sportsmen, shooters and firearms enthusiasts, we can say with great sincerity and certainty that George Soros will never be a part of the Freedom Group family of companies.

Moderators would do well to lock this thread to prevent ignorant people from passing on bogus material and making us all look bad.

7. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Why do they even bother mentioning religion? Do they think all gun owners are bible thumping christians or something, and it'll get them riled up even more? I wonder why they didn't think to say something like "athiest, homosexual, abortion doctor backed" to get even MORE people in on it.

Also, why did you not provide a link to said article in your post? I can copy-paste-edit a news-looking article to a forum, tell them I was looking at Derpy's House of Science website and say that they said the orbit of Pluto will bring it within 20,000 kilometers of Earth's orbit by the year 2021. But, without an actual link to the article, many will call bull**** on it. Especially if it was my first post to the forum

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for posting that Doggie....

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    [​IMG]

Even if it is not SORROWS, it could be another anti-gunner Billionaire or group that is consolidating the gun industry. Pictured above is CERBERUS, the Hell Hound. Single Ownership of multiple gun companies is going to lead to elimination of models, brands and categories, to some extent. Even with the BEST Intentions by the owners. Nothing we can do about Industry Consolidation, it is the way business works. Except patronize the small Independents like Hi Point and others. I'm saddened because Marlin makes a better 22lr autoloader than Ruger, and for less $$$! Not as much aftermarket, but it is quite a savings. Dad's Marlin 336 will now be more collectible I'd imagine.

PS: Hiding corporate connections is not hard for Billionaires, I'm not convinced SORROWS has "no connection" whatsoever. Could be DOOMBERG or one of their butt-buddies buying up these companies. We need a concerted effort to
    SUPPORT the INDEPENDENT GUN MANUFACTURERS!!! :llama:

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    [​IMG]

11. SWAGA

Billionaires are billionaires because they love to make money....not waste it.
    There's nobody buying an entire industry to then shut it down.
    This is 'Murica........

Remington on the other hand....has been on a buying spree and shutting down other brands.

12. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    You can find the website he mentioned. The guy is a wack job. He claims to be a scientist. He makes his living selling water filters.

13. cicpup

Vermont
    [​IMG]

14. PeterCook

PeterCook Member

15. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    There used to be dozens of auto manufacturers until The Big Three ended up buying them all and consolidating their operations. Sometimes, consolidation of companies makes it easier to scale production. No one forces these companies to sell, and they ultimately do so because it is more advantageous to all parties involved.

Of course, it would be nice if companies like Remington would keep better quality control on the product lines they acquire, such as the Marlin lever actions. I think that it was Kirk who used the term "Remlin" to describe the lower quality Marlins.

16. AR production and components for them is a very wide spread industry. That is just an example. It's likely there are more gun manufactures in the US today than there ever has been.

17. SWAGA

A quick google search reveals that "Dr" James McCanney actually did enjoy a traditional education and got several degrees in amongst other things nuclear sciences but that he went off the beaten path quite some time ago.

He's a conspiracy theorist claiming NASA is lying about the moon landings and he has crackpot theories about the universe.
    He seems to be relatively popular with the 'Coast to coast' tinfoil hat crowd.

......and he sells Survival stuff.........

18. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    And they haven't sold the firearms companies yet. They just gave lip service to the California school teachers pension fund.

All the while, enjoying the run up in the value of the companies and the great sales caused by King Obummer.

Research is easy to do.

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Sor y s bun not exactly.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

20. cicpup

Vermont
    Damn! Kirk had a stroke.