Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KRAUTHAMMER on Special Report 10/19
"Some Republicans are complaining that the Democrats had promised them a five-day work week in Congress, and now it's only three days. Three days is too long. It should be a one-day work week, no, a one-hour work week. That would minimize the damage that Congress can do."

"And think of billions that we will save if it's only one hour a week."

"There is a way to return to Jeffersonian democracy. One hour work week is the cause. Yes, we can. Join the cause."

Never thought I would agree to someone doing less work...

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
Actually I think they should NOT be paid like they are In the old days of the Republic, the Congressman and Senators only received a stipend and only was in session for a short time. The rest of the time they were at home working on their own jobs [planter lawyer doctor ec]. I really think it needs to go back that way.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Actually I think they should NOT be paid like they are In the old days of the Republic, the Congressman and Senators only received a stipend and only was in session for a short time. The rest of the time they were at home working on their own jobs [planter lawyer doctor ec]. I really think it needs to go back that way.
+1, Do not want career politicians!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
For that you need to have a very small Fed government like they did. Seems we always come back to that.

Big Government -> Big Taxes, Big Corruption, Big Entitlements, Big Incompetence, Big Intrusions, Big Danger of Tyranny
Small Government -> Just replace the word Big with Small in the above.

Seems like a slam dunk to me, but of course Im just a small minded little person...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts