Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
To make the impressive trick shots? Haha, just kidding.

I'm guessing because they export them into English speaking countries. The C&R guns (e.g. the Russian guns from WWII era) do have foreign markings.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I am willing to bet if you bought it in its native country it would only have their language on it.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Most, it not all, of the English that is present on C&R guns has been put there by the importers when they came to this country. The vast majority of markings on those guns are still in the original countries native languages. As far as other foriegn guns that arrive here, well they are purpose built for the US market and have markings to match. Their counterparts that don't get imported remain in the host countries language.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Well, the nations that consume the most arms for civilian and non-civilian use are:

-USA
-Canada
-South Africa
-United Kingdom Commonwealth (Back before the draconian Aussie gun laws)
-Poland
-France
-A few other EU countries I forgot....

In most of these countries, English is either the official language or the dominant second language (although South Africa is a bit on the odd side, with Afrikan being part native language, part Dutch and part English...). So, in order to make marketing simple, it's best to go with a language most everyone can identify with. And, in many civilian ownership nations, most people know a decent amount of English.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.