1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I borrowed this from the Carolinas Shooters Forum

Why I Carry a Gun
PEOPLE ASK WHY??

My old grandpa said to me son,' there comes a time in every mans life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'.
I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.

..author unknown (but obviously brilliant )

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Why I carry a gun?

Same reason I carry a camera and a pen with me: It's my duty as a free-born artist and citizen.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thank you, Shooter Z!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
927 Posts
wow i wonder if that can be put on the back of a shirt

·
Registered
870 Posts
Would be better tattooed on your back?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
WHY? Why would you even want to announce you are carrying? That would be like getting a Tshirt with your bank account and credit card numbers on it. Very......... VERY foolish
Unless you're like me, where someone would read the T-Shirt, look at me, read the T-shirt again and STILL not believe it.

Again, I'm doing my part as a free citizen. If there are issues with it, it is also my duty to resist an infringement on my rights within the laws granted to me by, in this case, the Constitution. This isn't a matter of tactical advantage, but of rights ... at least to me.

Besides, speaking from experience, the moment you will need self defence will not hinge on T-shirts or tactical placement within your environment. It will happen at the oddest, most akward time and within 3 seconds and will NEVER be as easy or as cool as some would think it would be. No amount of T-shirts will change that.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Good post shooter z!

·
Registered
927 Posts
WHY? Why would you even want to announce you are carrying? That would be like getting a Tshirt with your bank account and credit card numbers on it. Very......... VERY foolish
cause i want to. why would you open carry? why go to an atm? why pull out your wallet? why come out your house?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Good post, Shooter!

I CC. I wouldn't advertise I'm carrying becasue that's the first "C" stands for. I don't advertise that I wear boxers instead of briefs nor do I advertise that I really have a gnarly looking tooth in the back of my mouth that really needs pulling. Nor I advertise that I have a terrible case of athlete's foot right now. See, there are some things that the general public is happier not knowing. :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
to each his own is what i was getting at

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
End it as "To each his own."
No further comment is suggested on the t-shirt idea.
wow great avatar strangerous
Yeah Strange has changed his acvatar a few times this week. Thats Uh.... Strange :lol:
Great post shooter :clap:

G

·
Unless you're like me, where someone would read the T-Shirt, look at me, read the T-shirt again and STILL not believe it.

Again, I'm doing my part as a free citizen. If there are issues with it, it is also my duty to resist an infringement on my rights within the laws granted to me by, in this case, the Constitution. This isn't a matter of tactical advantage, but of rights ... at least to me.

Besides, speaking from experience, the moment you will need self defence will not hinge on T-shirts or tactical placement within your environment. It will happen at the oddest, most akward time and within 3 seconds and will NEVER be as easy or as cool as some would think it would be. No amount of T-shirts will change that.
I am with this guy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.