Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all they have to do is make a "sporter" stock (straight stock, short forward mag welll doesn't work as a forward vertical grip) and mod the trigger group a little. The Hipoint mag is already pretty much 10rd only anyway, so there is no conflict with the Cali rules.

...might as well make some 5rd mags (the forward mag well is short so short mag won't be a problem). There will be people outside of cali buying the cali sporter as short range deer rifles.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Actually, there are a couple of ways to make the carbines CA legal, and some people do have them. The problem is altering them to meet requirements before importing them to the state.

(a 'bullet button' to fix the mag, or a filler behind the pistol grip so you can't wrap your thumb around it are 2 ways)

There's no way I could move back to CA...no way...

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
IMO it's probably to much trouble shipping to foreign countries. :blink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(a 'bullet button' to fix the mag, or a filler behind the pistol grip so you can't wrap your thumb around it are 2 ways)
but the results of such mods will still resemble a malicious man gun. The Cali sporter version can wash away all the evilness and make it a perfectly acceptable jackrabbit hunting rifle for all parties in all states :devilsidesmile:

Now how about a one piece laminated wood stock (with CNC machined cavities) as aftermarket upgrade so you can just drop in the sporter barreled action? Add a matching laminated wood handguard -->OMG! Hipoint Mannlicher sporter! :p

again, for entertainment purpose only

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Because the peoples republic of kalifornia hates guns and truckers too. So I think both entities ..firearms manufacturers and transport companies should stop dealing with the republic until the voters get some sense and force some change. My suggestion for trouble free firearm acquisition in kalifornia? ......MOVE

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's easy to make a California legal 4095.

Paint it pink with pictures of white bunnies and flowers all over it. Voila! No longer threatening in appearance!

Seriously though, if you don't like mosquitos and hurricanes, don't live in Florida, and if you don't like liberals and restrictive superficial gun laws, don't live in California.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
It's easy to make a California legal 4095.

Paint it pink with pictures of white bunnies and flowers all over it. Voila! No longer threatening in appearance!

Seriously though, if you don't like mosquitos and hurricanes, don't live in Florida, and if you don't like liberals and restrictive superficial gun laws, don't live in California.
You forgot Hello Kitty:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Im still holding out for Karma to clean this one up. The "big one" hits, Cali sinks, and Arizona has pretty beaches next to the gun ranges...perfection!
The problem is that you've got the geology backwards; the 'big one' hits and California gets bigger (North America is moving mostly West).
In the midwest--the 'big one' hits and all the buildings not built to earthquake standards fall down and the Mississippi floods it all.

The scariest earthquakes are coming around the area of the New Madrid quake and the Pacific NorthWest ( Washington gets tsunamis there too)

·
Registered
773 Posts
As long as the survivors don't come to Montana. :D :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
My brothers friend is moving to California, so he is trying to buy guns here in Ky that he can't get in California.
My brother told him about the 995, so he wanted to know if I am interested in selling mine.

I told him I'd consider it for $500.00 LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.