Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,539 Posts
I carried my C9 in the glove box of my Jeep Wrangle for over a year and never once had a problem. Everyone knows how rough a Wrangler rides, even on paved roads, so it was constantly bouncing around inside the plastic glove box. For a long time I carried the gun in Condition 3 (chamber empty, mag inserted, slide forward and safety on) but at times I would change to Condition 1 (round chambered, mag inserted, slide forward, safety on) just because I would be going thru an area that was not so nice. When I conceal carry a pistol it is always in Condition 1, because if I need a gun chances are I will not have time to chamber a round before the BG is right on top of me.

Almost every firearm instruction booklet I have ever read advises against carrying with one in the chamber. This is more a legal CYA thing than any problems with the firearm itself. Unlike some striker fired guns the C9 striker is held back in the ready to fire position anytime you chamber a round or rack the slide back, even with all the mechanical safeties on the gun there's always that 1 in a million chance it could accidentally be fired without pulling the trigger. Same can be said about other striker fired guns that keep the striker in the ready to fire position after the slide is racked and a round is chambered.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
I have several hand guns that I conceal carry, different times of course, so here's my routine...

1: Check mag to make sure it's loaded and loaded with SD ammo and not range ammo.

2: Chamber a round, if not already chambered.

3: Place the safety on, if it has a manual safety.

4: Place gun in holster, making sure it is secure in the holster.

5: Disengage the manual safety (if it has a manual safety), AFTER I holster the weapon.

My carry guns are either striker fired DA, traditional DA/SA with exposed hammer or DAO with bobbed hammer. I do not carry my C9 for CC because I have other guns that are either small, lighter or narrower and they work better for me when it comes to concealment.

rimfirehunter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.