Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Administrator
29,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • A 10mm may never expand but a 45 will never contract
  • 2 world wars
  • "Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a 4."
  • Even the FBI gave up on the 10mm, then gave up on the .40S&W (the "10mm Short and Weak")
  • More cartridge selection
  • More flexible for hand-loaders
  • If you want that much power (and your gun is +P rated) you can shoot 450 SMC

If that's not enough to convince you, then fix yourself.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
I would prefer 10 millimeter over .45 Auto in a long gun, but not with a pistol.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
  • A 10mm may never expand but a 45 will never contract
A .45 may not penetrate, but a 10 mm will.
No world wars, because NO one wants to fight against the mighty 10 mm
Carry a 10, and it's not going to be a gun fight, it's going to be over after the first shot.
Yeah....and they went to 9 mm, which says FAR more about the abilities and "preferences" of the FBI, than about the cartridges.
If you had a real cartridge, you'd only really need 1.
You're still just going to get a flying ashtray, no matter what you do.
10 mm is so powerful, there IS no +P rating...

If that's not enough to convince you, then fix yourself.
What a nice way to say "Go Screw Yourself".:eek:

Meanwhile:
  • The 10mm has greater capacity in the same size and weight of gun.
  • The 10mm has higher velocity for the same weight than .45 ACP, and thus more energy on target in every decent loading.
  • The 10mm has a flatter trajectory, and thus is inherently better for hunting.
  • The 10mm has higher sectional density, giving it better penetration, thus better for hunting and most self defense uses.
  • NO one makes a ".45 ACP Hunter" model.
  • If you aren't man enough to handle the 10 mm, you may already have BEEN fixed....

·
Registered
218 Posts
A .45 may not penetrate, but a 10 mm will.
No world wars, because NO one wants to fight against the mighty 10 mm
Carry a 10, and it's not going to be a gun fight, it's going to be over after the first shot.
Yeah....and they went to 9 mm, which says FAR more about the abilities and "preferences" of the FBI, than about the cartridges.
If you had a real cartridge, you'd only really need 1.
You're still just going to get a flying ashtray, no matter what you do.
10 mm is so powerful, there IS no +P rating...

What a nice way to say "Go Screw Yourself".:eek:

Meanwhile:
  • The 10mm has greater capacity in the same size and weight of gun.
  • The 10mm has higher velocity for the same weight than .45 ACP, and thus more energy on target in every decent loading.
  • The 10mm has a flatter trajectory, and thus is inherently better for hunting.
  • The 10mm has higher sectional density, giving it better penetration, thus better for hunting and most self defense uses.
  • NO one makes a ".45 ACP Hunter" model.
  • If you aren't man enough to handle the 10 mm, you may already have BEEN fixed....
If 10mm is so great then why doesn't it have its own malt liquor?

Gesture Smile Font Publication Beard

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,094 Posts
.45 ACP 230 grn ball 5 inch barrel will penetrate 16 inches day and night.

Hi-Point JHP holds 9+1 rounds.

Don't need any more than that.

eldar

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
If God had intended you to have a 10mm, St. John Moses Browning would have invented one - IN A 1911 PLATFORM!

Reactions: lklawson and Rerun

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Reactions: Rerun

·
Super Moderator
9,963 Posts
Liquid Automotive lighting Product Cosmetics Fluid

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
I bought my 10mm for carrying out in the woods only. People wise any other will do the job just fine with less snap.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
If God had intended you to have a 10mm, St. John Moses Browning would have invented one - IN A 1911 PLATFORM!
Well, actually.....
Browning invented a .380 first. And the .25, .32, .38 ACP, and 9mm Long handguns as well. I’m sure if he had lived a little longer, he’d have gotten around to the 10 mm.

And it would have been in a double stack Hi Power, because the 1911 was just a step along the path to the superior guns.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
I bought my 10mm for carrying out in the woods only. People wise any other will do the job just fine with less snap.
Out of curiosity, How would you compare it with the .44 mag? For a woods gun I usually carry my JHP. Used to be a .357, but it went down the road

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Well, actually.....
Browning invented a .380 first. And the .25, .32, .38 ACP, and 9mm Long handguns as well. I’m sure if he had lived a little longer, he’d have gotten around to the 10 mm.

And it would have been in a double stack Hi Power, because the 1911 was just a step along the path to the superior guns.
Careful, my dear friend. Thou doest border on blasphemy as ever true believer KNOWS that the 1911 is TRUE perfection ;):ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: ajole

·
Super Moderator
9,963 Posts
Well, actually.....

Of course you know that he designed both a 9.8mm cartridge for European trials and a .41 colt to replicate the 38-40 which was actually a 40 caliber …..right?

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Geeze...and people think I get pedantic....😁

I did, but the list was already long enough, and all those extra numbers would have confused some people.🤣

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Careful, my dear friend. Thou doest border on blasphemy as ever true believer KNOWS that the 1911 is TRUE perfection ;):ROFLMAO:
So Glock is the Anti-perfection, leading sinners down the road to the nether regions?

Testify, brother!😆

Reactions: histed

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
Out of curiosity, How would you compare it with the .44 mag? For a woods gun I usually carry my JHP. Used to be a .357, but it went down the road
44 mag was not a option for me. I wanted a semi that would work around here. If I was in Alaska I would go that route.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
So Glock is the Anti-perfection, leading sinners down the road to the nether regions?

Testify, brother!😆
Yea, verily, my son, thou hast heard of the path to destruction. He who follows the Austrian path is doomed. True belief follows the path of Steel and wood (preferably walnut), living in the light of John Moses Browning. (Of course, the High Power ain't far off)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts