Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Meanwhile:
  • The 10mm has greater capacity in the same size and weight of gun.
  • The 10mm has higher velocity for the same weight than .45 ACP, and thus more energy on target in every decent loading.
  • The 10mm has a flatter trajectory, and thus is inherently better for hunting.
That's great meme material until you realize that 10mm loses a lot of its perceived advantages the moment you start shooting 45acp in the same weight class.

Ballistics By The Inch in 10mm
Ballistics By the Inch in 11mm

45acp easily pulls to within 100-200fps of 10mm at standard pressures and starts to match it at +P
(acknowledging that, yes, +P is a thing because the case wasn't originally spec'd for those loads)

In terms of rounds on target, even Paul Harrell acknowledges that there isn't much practical difference in the end. Some, not much.
I could dispell other myths like how 45acp is deflected by auto glass because it's slower. tl;dw - It isn't. At all.

If you need that extra round or two, more power to you, but it's not the difference in capacity you'll get from dropping to, say, 9mm. And I'll give you sectional density-- Chubby girls need love, too ^.^ I'm already starting to sound like a fanboy, but just wanted to dispell this myth that 10mm is a nuclear weapon. It's not, and most of those fanboys never bother comparing weight to weight.

·
Administrator
29,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That's great meme material until you realize that 10mm loses a lot of its perceived advantages the moment you start shooting 45acp in the same weight class.

45acp easily pulls to within 100-200fps of 10mm at standard pressures and starts to match it at +P
(acknowledging that, yes, +P is a thing because the case wasn't originally spec'd for those loads)

In terms of rounds on target, even Paul Harrell acknowledges that there isn't much practical difference in the end. Some, not much.
I could dispell other myths like how 45acp is deflected by auto glass because it's slower. tl;dw - It isn't. At all.

If you need that extra round or two, more power to you, but it's not the difference in capacity you'll get from dropping to, say, 9mm. And I'll give you sectional density-- Chubby girls need love, too ^.^ I'm already starting to sound like a fanboy, but just wanted to dispell this myth that 10mm is a nuclear weapon. It's not, and most of those fanboys never bother comparing weight to weight.
You've been away for a while and really haven't been very active on this forum so it's understandable that you missed my joke.

This whole thread is intended as a joke. It's a riff on the "45 is better than 9mm because..." thing. I figured the whole "never contract" and "two world wars" would be the give away but, well, sometimes I miss obvious stuff too. <shrug?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts

Why on earth would I compare high velocity light weight 11mm to base model 10 mm? If you drop weight on the 11, you have to drop weight on the10....135 grains at 1600 fps for the win!😜

As Kirk said...it was all fun and games until you went all serious up in here!🤣

But it’s all good....I love that you changed .45 ACP to 11 mm, awesome touch!👌

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
@ajole - just so we're clear
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal
This is the one St. JMB WOULD have invented, had he still been here. I guess I could support this 10mm w/o becoming a heretic. :cool:

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Just remember, The 10 mm was a Cooper design. He was an apostle of Browning.

And I’d suggest the correct gun for the 10 mm might be this...Dan Wesson Titan Elite, 14+1, 1911-ish.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Just remember, The 10 mm was a Cooper design. He was an apostle of Browning.

And I’d suggest the correct gun for the 10 mm might be this...Dan Wesson Titan Elite, 14+1, 1911-ish.
I could dig that - if I were rich instead of good looking
Dog Bulldog Dog breed Plant Carnivore

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Given either option, you got the better end of it. Good looks can land you a well-to-do significant other in poor health... money can't really buy good looks in the same way.
I’m not sure about that. I’d say these guys bought some good looks....

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH

·
Registered
64 Posts
You've been away for a while and really haven't been very active on this forum so it's understandable that you missed my joke.

This whole thread is intended as a joke. It's a riff on the "45 is better than 9mm because..." thing. I figured the whole "never contract" and "two world wars" would be the give away but, well, sometimes I miss obvious stuff too. <shrug?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I did admit to being a fanboy :D
Sorry. Been hanging out at arfcom too much apparently lol

·
Super Moderator
9,963 Posts
10mm does start with 4 when translated to Merkin.
No translations allowed. 40mm BOFORS, or go home. Still the 45 is better….because….it’s got a “5” in it.:rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: ajole and histed
21 - 40 of 71 Posts