Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry I'm sure you've covered this but I've looked for about an hour and there is way too much material to cover.. I'm looking at trading a guy for the 4095 but I hate the way they look and I would love to have that cx-4 style stock? can any mods be done? or is there anything else out there.. I love the idea of this gun and you guys all seem to love yours. but I just think it's ugly as hell!

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
The receiver of the 4095 is longer. In theory it MIGHT be possible to cut and extend the stock to 'work' but it would be shoddy at best. Do a search on here for the new hipoint stock, see what you think of that. It is 'supposed' to be out sometime in the fairly near future.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for responding. Well I've glass bed my own stocks and hand formed somepretty cool stocks for 10/22s. a small amount of fabing wouldn't bother me. I just didn't know if it were possible at all.. I figured with everyone on here someone has tried it.

I did see those new pics and yeah they are pretty cool. my biggest complaint is that giant gap over the barrel. it looks like and AK or SKS without the top cover.. just really looks like something is missing. but yeah any other info on these would be cool.. I like the concept and it's so much more reasonable than the cx-4. I'm only gonna do a little plinking with it.. I don't intend to take it into combat or anything!! I just want something that will hold up to average shooting

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Holding up to average shooting is what hp carbines are all about. Many of us have sent thousands of rounds downrange.

I'm sure the mod is doable, none of us have bothered though. Don't have the time, inclination, or money to throw at it really. 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I understand. I'm not as concerned about reciever lenght as it apears I can lengthen that.. I'm more concerned about the mag well in the grip.. but it's probably more trouble than it's worth... I just want cheap fun and I already got a couple forty's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts