Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told the wife I was going to go to the range today and she looked at me and said, "Not with out me"...... I've been trying to get her to the range for about 2 years. Just so happened tonight was "family night" at my local range so you can get up to 4 people in 1 lane for the price of 1.

Anyway I went and picked her up some glasses and ear protection... then had to take the glasses back cuz they weren't cute enought. At that point I was up to do what ever it took to get her out to the range.

Go to the range and started with the .22LR Sig Mosquito. Right off the bat I knew she was gonna out shoot me :embarrassed2: We blasted through about 100 rounds of those and she had flat smoked the target. I didn't know if I should be proud, a little embarrassed she was out shooting me, or flat out turned on :yes:

Anyway, after that I bumped her up to the Hi point .380 . She didn't like it as much cuz it is harder to load. The sig has some sweet magazines that she had gotten used to. She also wasn't as accurate with it, but I told her not to worry... just keep going.

AFter that I bumped her up to 9mm. I have an arcus which is a browning hi power clone. She flat out smoked me on this one. I told her going in that this one was a little harder to shoot accurately cuz of the trigger. Well she had gotten into a groove by then and proved me wrong. She really did well.

A guy next to us was doing double taps, so she got a little cocky and thought she'd try that.. that didn't last long.

All in all a good range experience. She didn't like the HP .380 but that was OK. I got her to Step1 of actually going to the range. I need to work more on safety. She did a few newbie mistakes like keeping her finger on the trigger when she wasn't ready to shoot. I tried not to get onto her too much but still convey that was not a good thing to do.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Way to go my friend. I gave my wife my Phoenix hp22a .22LR for her birthday in December. It was the blue/black version. That wasn't pretty enough. So I went the extra mile a painted the grips pink, which she liked. However, I have yet to be able to drag her to the range, or even out the her Granny's house in the country, for some practice. Oh well. I'll just keep at it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I'd give an update.

Wifey and I took our CHL this weekend. Wife passed with flying colors! Instructor looked at her target and said "NICE" then looked back at her and said "Very NICE!" I was proud! She out shot most of the guys!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Amen brother, woman can shoot there is doubt about that. My wife is good but my daughter is way good. Be proud, just sneak out the house and get some practice .

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Dude...I WANT VIDEOS!!!!!

:blink:

Sorry.... I just like a little multimedia with my guns that's all :p

·
Registered
927 Posts
Dude...I WANT VIDEOS!!!!!

:blink:

Sorry.... I just like a little multimedia with my guns that's all :p
just what i was thinking

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Congrats to you! I bought mine a 22 last Christmas (2007) and she still has yet to use it. I use it all the time!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don't feel bad, my 5'0" future wife outshoots me half the time. I am more consistent, but when she is on she pastes the bullseye with boring regularity. And she doesn't practice half as much as I do.

Women tend to have better fine motor skills, can multi-task better, and have less ego. They listen and don't thinki they are John Wayne or want to look cool.

I think the biggest thing most women have to get over is the fear of recoil and noise. Those were the hurdles for my future wife but now she shoots anything you put in her hands.....and can outshoot me with my .45. She won't touch a .22 anymore because it's just "no fun".

Grrr....so she won't shoot the cheap ammo, outshoots me, and has a tendancy to trash talk on the ride home from the range.

Splitter

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah i need to see if I can sneak a video. She actually said jokingly afterwards "What, you didn't take a video". I should have thought of it cuz she did look pretty hot out there :cool2:

Our home range is a nazi about taking pics on the range..but I think I can sneak a few.

I caught her looking at my NRA magazine tonight. She was picking out a gun...dang she's got expensive taste!

·
Registered
850 Posts
My girlfriend likes to go shooting with me sometimes. She isn't a bad shot by I sometimes fear of getting shot at, her safety is pretty terrible. Her and I need to work a lot more on where to and where to not point a gun at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My daughter interned in an office with a lot of pilots. Just for fun they invited her to go shooting with them
after work. My daughter had never fired a gun before. One of the guys was ex-CIA with a customized S&W.45
that he let her shoot. She out shot everyone. At first they thought it was beginners luck. The second try proved them wrong. She was so proud she hung the targets above her bed. My wife was shocked when she saw them. I went out and bought her a new C-9. We tested it last weekend using life sized Zombie Targets for FUN. If it's true you can kill
a Zombie with a direct head shot at 30' she has little to worry about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts