Wildcat Hi-Point carbines and pistols! Lets have some ideas.

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by griff30, May 23, 2008.

1. griff30

griff30 Member

Ok, there was a post not long ago where a member turned his 995 into a a .32NAA plinker that rocked. If you missed it here it is: http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4110&highlight=32naa

Now there are 2 apparently easy conversions that someone could do with Hi-Point carbines and pistols.
    First is the .357Sig http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_P226 All thats needed is a 4095 and a barrel change. actualy I think if the 995 barrel could fit in the 4095, it would work with a little gunsmith work. This could also work for the 40S&W HP pistol.

Second for the pistols the JHP 45 cal could be shooting the HOTT Corbon 400. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.400_Corbon Again the bullet manufacture implies it's simply a barrel change like the .357 SIG. The 400 Corbon in a 4595 (IF?) would take advantage of the longer barrel and far exceed 10MM Auto ballistics.
    Pricewise the .357 SIG is much more cost effective as the bullets are cheaper. If the 995 barrel could be used in the 4095 it would be a simple barrel change and chamber chamfering away. the 357 Sig is getting 1,600 FPS out of 4" barrels. With a 16" carbine we could see well over 2,000 FPS!

Maybe instead of bothering Hi-Point employees on the boards here for the cartidge suggestion of the week, we the forum members could home brew one?
    What do you guys think, is it possible? any other caliber ideas? :idea:
    Ponder it this weekend while the site is down. :)

2. Great idea for a thread. So, I'll kick in an idea here. A lot of people have expressed interest in .22 caliber rifles--some rimfires, some centerfires.

Could the Chinese 5.8X21 pistol round work in a carbine? I've never seen one in person and don't know dimensions or ballistics, but it might fulfill some fantasy ideas.

3. Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake Guest

I wouldn't mind a .357 SIG carbine and a .380 ACP carbine. Technically, you could use the same barrel, since .380 and 9mm Luger are both .355 and the same diameter, just shorter.

4. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

rimfirehunter has wet dreams over the thought of a .380acp carbine... he'll admit it if you ask him about it.

5. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Member

Re: Wildcat Hi-Point carbines and pistols! Lets have some id

Doooood :shock:

And just how did you know that the site would be down. HMMMMMMMM? :twisted:

6. griff30

griff30 Member

I am one with the universe is how...LOL
    It was posted sometime back as a sticky in the lounge. Wish it was emailed.

7. griff30

griff30 Member

I am one with the universe is how...LOL
    It was posted sometime back as a sticky in the lounge. Wish it was emailed.

And it's still FUBARED here as I cant seem to post :
    Could not obtain common word list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1053 Server shutdown in progress

SELECT m.word_id FROM phpbb_search_wordmatch m, phpbb_search_wordlist w WHERE w.word_text IN ('back', 'caliber', 'carbines', 'doooood', 'emailed', 'guys', 'hipoint', 'hmmmmmmmm', 'idea', 'ideas', 'lets', 'lol', 'lounge', 'one', 'pistols', 'ponder', 'possible', 'posted', 'shock', 'site', 'sticky', 'think', 'twisted', 'universe', 'weekend', 'while', 'wildcat', 'wish') AND m.word_id = w.word_id GROUP BY m.word_id HAVING COUNT(m.word_id) > 29256

Line : 309
    File : functions_search.php

8. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

you couldnt use a 9mm barrel for a .357 SIG conversion, not enoug meat there to contain the pressure. Youd have to have a blank made in the correct caliber (could you use a barrel from a .357 mag winchester?) and rechamber it.

SW

9. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Hi-Point carbine in 7.62X25mm Tokarev. A semi-auto take-off on the PPsh full-auto sub gun.

Too much fun to comtemplate. :D :D :D :D :D

10. 7.62x25 Tok is obviously longer than 9x19 or .40 S&W, so I'm not sure the grip would be able to accommodate the magazines. But wow, would it be fun if it did.

11. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

I am down with a .357 sig! I think that would be fun.

12. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

.357 sig is the most likely and easiest conversion. he only other would be a 995 to 9x21 or 9x23.

SW

13. griff30

griff30 Member

I don't know S.W. the JHP in 45 could shoot the hot 400 corbon with a new barrel too.
    Though, my money is on a .357 Sig version of the carbine! That's smokin!

14. I wonder if a 7.62x39 would be too long of a shell to use the existing slide assembly?

15. (+1) Meeee toooo!!!!! :D

16. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Would be. Also would be too high of a pressure range for a blowback operated weapon. Not to mention the grip size to take a 7.62x39 mag. :lol: :lol:

Remember people, we are talking about a blowback action here. How about one in .45 Colt (or .45 Long Colt for some). If S&W could make a Model 52 semi-auto pistol that shot .38 Spl wadcutters, why couldn't Hi-Point produce a semi-auto carbine and pistol for the .45 Colt round!
    Yippee-HaaHaa-Wheeeee. :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. BBill

BBill Member

I know this is an old thread but---any info on a .380 carbine?

18. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

not sure why you would want to change a 9mm to a less powerful round that cost more to shoot. just wondering..:welcome:to the group btw.