Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My brother lives in San Diego. He works on Mirimar and is in the Navy. I haven't heard from him yet today, I tried to call him but he never answered....
I know all about Miramar. :)

It's actually a Marine base now, the Navy is still near the bay.

Miramar is close to Scripps Ranch which from what I've read is also being evacuated and Miramar is surrounded by acres and acres of brush. I've seen first hand how quickly a fire can spread in that area. Hope your brother is safe.

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If that area is being evacuated, then Miramar is being evaced as well most probably. I doubt the military is going to leave personnel on the base in harms way. That goes against everything I've learned in the Military. When Katrina hit, 99% of the people on Keesler AFB were evacuated to Sheppard AFB and other bases... I forget all of them right now... I am going to call my brother tomorrow and hopefully he answers his phone.

Oh, I forgot to add that my brother works on helos, mostly the guidance and electrical stuff, weapons etc. As the "Navy" owns all of the Marine birds, he works on those too. Right now, he's on Miramar teaching the Jarheads how to do his job. A Squid and a Jarhead.... a rough combo... :wink:
He might be at Qualcomm Stadium as that's where most people are heading to. I'm not sure what they did during the last fire though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.