Will the Czech Republic Get Private Firearm Rights for Citizens?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by 1024Megabytes, Jul 31, 2020 at 12:13 PM.

1. Will the Czech Republic Get a Second Amendment?
    by JORDAN MICHAELS on JULY 27th 2020

The Constitution’s guarantee of the right to keep and bear arms is unique on the world stage. And while courts and legislators routinely ignore or warp the words of the Second Amendment, it’s stood as a bulwark against the worst kinds of anti-gun policies in places like Canada, Australia, and Europe.

This year, one of those European counties may be taking a step towards what Americans have enjoyed since 1776.

For several years, conservatives in the Czech Republic’s parliament have been pushing to add the right to armed self-defense as one of the “fundamental human rights and freedoms,” according to David Harsanyi writing in National Review.

“The right to defend one’s own life or the life of another person with a weapon is guaranteed under the conditions laid down by law,” the proposed amendment reads.

Conservatives passed the amendment through the lower house of parliament, but it failed in the upper house. But now they’ve earned a majority in the senate, and the Czech government unexpectedly announced it would endorse the plan to add the language.

The Czech Republic was the only European country to challenge the draconian European Firearms Directive passed by the European Union in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo terror attack in 2015. As GunsAmerica reported at the time, the Directive banned most types of semi-automatic firearms even in countries with high rates of firearm ownership and low rates of crime.

The Czech Republic lost its challenge to the directive in the European Court of Justice, but the Czech Senate first proposed a right to firearms several years ago after it had received a petition with more than 100,000 signatures.

Read more at: https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...aign=/digest/czech-republic-second-amendment/

Think1st and Rerun like this.
  2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I read that this morning. I hope the sentiment spreads.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I would like to import some of them to clean up Portland, and Chitcagostan.

1024Megabytes and histed like this.
  4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Do you care as much about the “2nd amendment” rights of let’s say the population of Yemen?

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

Now you're being a provocateur butt head. (again) See my avatar.

6. Think1st

Florida
    They have a right to keep and bear AK-pattern rifles. I had a Yemeni officer in a class who actually was given an AK when he was kidnapped and held by some people in conjunction with some sort of family dispute. When he was released at the end of the dispute, they did that to keep him from having a reason to seek revenge upon them for having kidnapped and held him.

I support the 2A rights of ANYONE ANYWHERE. In fact, I supported the right of Iraqis to keep an AK in their homes while I was deployed there and in the middle of patrolling their neighborhoods back in '03. No man should be denied the right to self defense--Czech, Yemeni, Iraqi, or otherwise.

1024Megabytes and ajole like this.
  7. TNTRAILERTRASH

Allegedly #4's daughter did house to house searches in Iraq removing firearms. Must have been for targeted/identified bad guys?

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No. Think1st may have supported it, but the stupid corrupt prostiticians didn’t. You can’t pay everyone off in a corrupt system. Some people have to just be controlled by force, and taking their guns is part of that. They weren’t targeting bad guys, they were targeting anyone the local leaders didn’t like or trust, and so “identified” as possible trouble.

Of course, the military was just following orders, and enforcing the law. Ever notice that EVERY time we get involved since Korea, we end up backing some criminals, usually drug dealers, and the people end up hating us?

Had a neighbor go over to train native police. Had about a 50% mortality rate with those guys due to corruption, if you didn’t play along, or were the wrong family or mosque...you got sent into ambushes by your bosses. Everyone knew it, but the US policy guys didn’t or couldn’t do squat. Too many people over there in civilian clothes with cover stories and black ops money to burn.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 12:53 AM
  9. Think1st

Florida
    Those were most likely targeted. When we were in the southern part of the country, there was actually a registration process.

10. Think1st

Florida
    I think most "reports" of terrorist activity we got regarding specific homes in neighborhoods were from neighbors/families who had an axe to grind with other neighbors/families.

It was ridiculous. It was like calling code enforcement on your neighbor's shrubs, but with accusations of insurgency instead.

1024Megabytes and ajole like this.
  11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    So you're saying it's just like Red Flag Laws being abused?

ajole and SWAGA like this.
  12. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Personally I’m rooting for the North Korean citizens.....getting gun rights you know.

*end of virtue signaling

ajole and Think1st like this.
  13. Think1st

Florida
    E-e-e-exactly.

14. Think1st

Florida
    source (1).gif

15. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Member

There's only 3 countries in the world with right to bears arms in their constitution.

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

4 Don't forget TEXAS!

hillcogolfer, Bullitt68 and FlashBang like this.
  17. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Member

Ha. But there guns laws suck compared to AZ.