Winchester White Box 45 ammo

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by texasbass1, Mar 15, 2016.

1. I was reading a couple of threads here where ppl were saying stay away from WWB ammo. I'm wondering why, I've shot hundreds of rounds of it and haven't had any problems. Was it a problem with an old lot? They were older threads.

Thanks

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Because Perfecta & Tula are cheaper?

I think some believe WWB is comprised of what's swept up off the floor each night.

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

For the most part I have had good luck with WWB.

On the other hand the worst performing ammo I have ever purchased was WWB 45acp. Two 100 round bulk packs, both from the same lot. Multiple fail to fires in both boxes. Had good solid primer strikes but would not fire in any of my 45acp's.

Still, I continue to purchase it, and apart from those two boxes it has worked fine.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    All good for me, so far... Hopefully, it remains.
    I have a "sh_t ton" of it in storage!!! :eek:

5. desertrider

desertrider Member

I don't have a lot of WWB, but I'm pretty sure I've got at least five of the 100 round value packs somewhere in my stash, maybe more.

Don't think I've bought any in at least four years though.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Here's the REAL answer.

It really only refers to the bulk pack boxes, not the 50 round boxes.

HP USED to actually say, right on their information, to avoid it.

Then, someone tested some...and it was all over the map in regards to OAL, head stamps, velocity, etc. The theory was the bulk packs were just the run-outs of other runs, mixed and matched into bulk packs and shipped.

They seem to have cleaned things up in recent years.

7. cicpup

Vermont
    So I was right? Cool.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I kinda doubt they just sweep it up off the floor...but yeah, about the same idea.:p

9. cicpup

Vermont
    Well no Capt. Literal, they didn't.

10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    There has been reports of bullets installed upside down too. How did they make it out of the factory?? :confused:

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Oh.

So...you weren't right after all.:rolleyes:

12. cruiser

cruiser Member

For years I have shot only Walmart WWB in my g22. Have never noticed a problem and have always felt it shot pretty clean.

13. cicpup

Vermont
    Slowly remembering why I hated all my teachers.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Too bad you didn't learn from them.;)

:nahnah:

15. noonster

noonster Member

Ohio
    Ugh - had problems with one of my Caspians using - as I recall- WWB 45ACP. Lots of fail to fires, say, one or two per magazine. Might have been PPU, though my recollection is that I had WWB. Now I hafta go back and doube check - I was all set to use the pistol as a boat anchor, too. No problemo in the Hi-Point, tho'. Mine acted like greg-r's troubles. Tho' with the 1911 platform, I could recock and get a fire on the second whack.

16. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I shot a few of the WWB in 2013 back before the intersnit told be it was crap. "Barack-0-Bang-bang liked it fine. ;) ammo was hard to find back then.

17. fishgrouse

fishgrouse Member

Hey. I'm fairly new to the forum. I recently bought a 4095TS and grabbed a box of 400 WWB at the same time. When I saw the comments regarding this ammo I was concerned, although I don't recall any particular issues in the past with this brand in other firearms. I did go to the range today and ran one box ( my first) through my new toy. No problems so far. Love the HP.

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

IIf it pumps through your gun? Enjoy!

19. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Yeah, WWB has had some bad reports. I had a problem several years ago with some 9mm WWB. But I shot a lot before that and more since without a problem. If it's the cheapest ammo, I buy it.

20. baldilocks

baldilocks Member

WWB Ammo

I have a TS995 9mm carbine. I tested Remington, Winchester, PMC, Federal and US military loads...all 115 grain except the military which was a 124 grain bullet. WWB was the most accurate of the tested manufactures. I have no FTF or FTF due to the ammo. I have had trouble with a magazine that did not feed properly. It was replaced and functioned well until the plastic cracked at the base of the magazine. It did not get dropped or mis-handled...it just cracked and will no longer stay locked into place. I am calling HI-POINT tomorrow about the mag. The carbine functions well and is fairly accurate for a blowback system. It's just the magazines that seem to be the quality problem.