Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
It's actually a Release Candidate and not so much a free trial. The RC has more bugs and whatnot than the RTM (Release To Manufacturing) which will most likely be the same as the final release coming in October. I've been running the RC for several months and it's actually a good OS and runs fine on my old ghetto 2005 IBM ThinkPad G41.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Windows 7 is what Vista should have been. I'm so freaking tired of the cartoon looking XP, I can't wait for it to go away. I've been using Windows 2000 mostly (on the rare occasion I use Windows) because XP is so freaking ugly.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Windows 7 is what Vista should have been.
I have been impressed with Windows 7 so far I hope it will alow me to get away from Vista on my laptop because it will not run XP.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted this link for those that are into Windows and thinking about maybe upgradeing to the latest. On the surface Windows 7 looks like a better version of Vista. Over a year ago I bought a laptop that had Vista HP and I hated it and took it off and installed XP Pro. Of all the Windos versions out there I like XP Pro the best but I really LOVE LINUX. You guys might want to give Linux a try. There are actually hundreds of versions on Linux out there. The best ones in my opinion are Ubunut based which is based on Debian based Linux. Linux Mint 7 is ausome . You can install it inside windows like any other application and give it a good test. Here is a link to Linux Mint .

http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

For me I will probably stick with XP Pro and Linux. I have three hard drives in my pc and I duel boot into either XP or Linux and I have mint linux installed inside xp so I actually have three boot options.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I can't download anything any more satallite internet don't allow for anything fun, I need to find someone to download and burn it to a disk for me.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't download anything any more satallite internet don't allow for anything fun, I need to find someone to download and burn it to a disk for me.
Send me a pm with your information and I will send you what you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts